1 reply to this topic

#1 mommy2be

mommy2be

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I wanted to post my blood test results to see what other opinions are. I'm not sure how I can be "mildly" positive so I was hoping for more insight

tTG IgA (U/mL) range 0-15 result: 25

Gliadin IgA (U/mL) range 0-15 result: 1
Gliadin IgG (U/mL) range 0-15 results: 1
IgA, Total (mg/dL) range 69-309 results: 397

I found out I was pregnant 2 days after receiving these results and I'll be honest...I haven't gone 100% gluten free. My pregnancy has been going well and my baby girl seems to be fine. I'm currently 28 weeks.
Thank you for your time!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

You probably have celiac disease. Your Dr. has likely seen numbers up over 50 and even over 100 so he's saying you're "mildly positive", but that is clearly a positive test. It's difficult to get a false positive TTG test so chances are very good that you're celiac. I assume you didn't go through with the celiac biopsy because of your pregnancy?

If I were you I'd go 100% gluten-free, at least until you are done nursing. You can challenge and look into a biopsy later. I'd want to be absorbing vitamins and minerals as well I possibly could for the baby's final growth spurt and nursing. Being probably-celiac and eating gluten is risking far more than you probably realize. It's so easy to be low-calcium, low-iron, low B12, and pass those deficiencies on to a baby. I'm very glad to hear she's healthy, and going 100% gluten free is the best way to keep her that way. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: