#1 mamaupupup

mamaupupup

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all doing as well as can be! Hope you enjoy a light gluten free story...

My husband has a tropical saltwater aquarium. He was a bit annoyed when I asked if the flake fish food has gluten. He thought there was no way it did. A few days later he proudly held up new cans of gluten free fish food declaring that all of his previous fish food does have gluten. He promptly gathered up the old stuff and is passing the contaminated food off to friends for their non-gluten-free fishies. My husband's out of town, so I'm on fish duty. Tonight as I fed the fish their wonderful pure seaweed and brine shrimp dinner it was a feeding frenzy--it was as if the fish were saying, "This is the BEST fish food I've EVER tasted! It tastes so REAL!" They were so so happy -- clearly the fish are less foggy on a gluten free diet! It was a riot, I almost videotaped it!

Now we REALLY have a gluten-free house...us, the dog, even the aquarium fish. The pet millipede and pet worms seem to be vegetarians and sustaining themselves on dirt, bark, and various greenery.

Thinking of you all! Have a good night!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Nice story. :)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Don't you wonder why gluten is in everything? Glad your fish are loving there new food...Our pets are gluten-free too....And thanks for telling us because that is something no one would think about.. ANd celiac young kids feeding their pet goldfish could just be getting glutened by this.And parents may have a hard time figuring out the source of gluten...

Cute story but better yet is the knowledge you discovered... KUDOS...1 more source for hidden gluten exposure....

#4 Ninja

Ninja

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

This is such a great story! It's funny how when you remove something that is truly toxic from your household everything ELSE seems to flourish, too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Gluten Free 2/12 

Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face

~Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: