Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Swimsuit - Slender Women Help Me Find One!

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 sreese68

sreese68

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

This is the only place I know where to ask this question without getting tarred and feathered by those who struggle with their weight!!!

Due to my lovely multiple food intolerances and my high metabolism, I'm very slender. I haven't been able to find a swimsuit in my size, but I'm honestly not sure where to look. Tried Macy's, Academy Sports, Land's End catalog, and Title Nine.

I wear a size 2 or 0 in regular clothes depending on cut. Problem is I'm 43 and have 4 kids, and the suits that cover lower belly and give some support up top seem to not go below a size 6, maybe 4. (OK, I'm small up top, but again I'm 43…) The suits in the junior's section have a junior's body in mind. (I can fit into my 13yo daughter's clothes from Justice for Girls. Not that I wear them..) I prefer a tankini if I can find one since I'm petite through the torso. Sometimes regular one pieces are too long.

Any ideas on where to look? I can wear my size 6 from last year, but I'm afraid I'll have to keep tugging the bottoms to keep them up! LOL!
Sharon
gluten-free March 2011
Failed gluten challenge May 2011
Diagnosed celiac 5/25/11

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

We won't tar and feather you...but I'm sure there's a bit of envy here including me. Posted Image

My first thought was a two-piece where you can order one size bottom and the other for a top...and then maybe buy a cover-up if you're uncomfortable. Have you called Lands' End and asked to speak with a personal shopper (or whatever they're called)? I've found them to be pretty helpful when I had questions beyond the scope of their customer service reps.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Land's End has tankini sets in size 2.
here is an example:

http://www.landsend....ps&origin=index

Would this work??

I wear a tankini size 8 now, but I once was a size 20-22 (before the celiac triggered )and back then, yeah, I would have laughed (and scoffed and maybe said some choice swear words and THEN maybe tarred and feathered you :lol: )for your question. Now, I get it. :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Victoria's secret, you can get tops and bottoms separately too. You have to look a bit to find something that isn't totally plunging, but they do have some. I've got the same problem and I'm 10 years older.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: