2 replies to this topic

#1 DogWalkerNYC

DogWalkerNYC

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Could it be that my DH is from using Swheat Scoop Cat Litter? It's made from wheat. If so does this mean I can't touch my cats?? OMG! I need a therapist. Tomorrow I'll change the cat litter, but to what? World's Best is corn based. Maybe I'll try Yesterday's News, which I think is made from old newspapers. Watch...I'll be allergic to ink too! I'm afraid to move.
Laura Grace

65 years old. Diagnosed with GERD at age 63. Started feeling bloated after eating bread & rolls in 2012. After doing online research ate gluten-free for a week & symptoms resolved. Symptoms returned when I glutened. That's good enough for me. Because testing is often inconclusive will not get tested. In 2012 had colonoscopy and endoscopy which showed no damage to the villi. In February, 2013 had capsule endoscopy which showed no damage to the villi or intestines. Diagnosed by gastroenterologist with 'probable non-Celiac sensitivity. Time to get serious before damage occurs.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 SleepyBunny

SleepyBunny

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Try Yesterday's News. There's a brand called Exquisicat that makes litter out of pine, corn, wheat, and paper. Not all in one! Lol I've been using the pine one and it smells good too :) You can find them at Petsmart. good luck to you and your kitty(s). :)

And yes some people have reactions just from touching gluten.
Gluteny - the 8th deadly sin

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

I use plain clay based litter, the cheapest I can find, and some folks will add plain baking soda to it to control odors.
I wouldn't use the wheat based since I don't want to breathe in the dust and kitties will track the wheat all over and when they clean their paws they can distribute the wheat all through their coats. The same applies to pet food with wheat ingredients.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: