Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Want To Be Online Weight Loss Buddies?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 pdx.lila

pdx.lila

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm trying to lose weight (about 20 lbs) and I'm finding it really hard to limit my portion sizes and I'd love to find some other people with celiac so we can keep each other motivated. I always feel like there are so many things I can't eat that I should really take advantage of what I can eat - which is such a silly and unhealthy idea. I like to exercise regularly (although that's somewhat limited by my fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis) and I'm just hoping someone else would like to do daily emails with how we worked out and what we ate to keep each other motivated and active.

I'm not sure it matters but I'm 24/f and in New Orleans,LA. Anyone interested?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Pigmi

Pigmi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I would love to be your weight lose buddy. But I might not be the best candidate. I'll explain I have osteoarthritis a little different from your arthritis. I also suffer from chronic pain from degenerative disc disease, from a car accident.

Because of the pain, I have been really non-active. Even though I belong to the YMCA . I was going to yoga classes but my pain kicked up again. You can say I have a major lack of motivation.

I have only known about my celiac for about the last two weeks. So, my diet is pretty crazy right now. Still am figuring out what I can and can’t have. I wish everything was labeled either gluten-free or not. I am also going through a major spike in pain and feel kind of crappy. Never knew that there was such a thing as gluten withdrawal.

I need to a lot more than 20 pds. The last time I went to the Dr. I think he said about 40/50. My photo is current I’m a bit chubby. I can also say “I haven’t really been trying”. The last two months I have felt embarrassed to go out because my skin broke out because I also suffer from Dermatitis Herpetiformis. Which I am hoping will not return with my new diet.
Live in WI so winter will be here by like next week probably, so all working out will have to be done inside. Anyway give me a jingle back and let me know if you are interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: