16 replies to this topic

#16 Jlwhite

Jlwhite

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Good afternoon. About one and a half years ago I was diagnosed with esophageal ulcers following a traumatic earthquake in Japan. Nearly three or four months ago, I began to have intense pain in either my rectum or colon which then sends strange pains down my left leg. That was happening about once a week and would last several hours. Recently, however, this pain has become more frequent with some added sharp pains in my lower back and upper buttocks.
Seven or eight of my family members have been diagnosed with celiac disease and I wonder if anyone could tell me whether they have had similar symptoms. Additionally I am now nearly always severely weak. My age is 32 and I am male. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

There is a high amount cf celiac in your family so the odds of you having it also are fairly good. The thing to do is get tested and see what it shows. If the tests are negative then go ahead and try the gluten-free diet for 2 or 3 months and see if it helps.; Some people do have NCGI which has the same symptoms as celiac but no tests to show it. Nueropathy (nerve pain/damage) is a symptom of celiac so that part could fit.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: