#1 porkchop60c

porkchop60c

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hi,

Has anyone with celiac reacted to any of the archer farm nuts? I seem to react to the raw almonds inspite of the fact it says the allergens are other nuts and nothing about being on the same line as wheat. I ate some the other day and I had severe brain fog for hours. Sometimes I get cramps or other symptoms. Where can I get safe nuts that are gluten free and not terribly expensive? Thanks much.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Try the nuts online store.

You also may be reacting to "other" nuts that come in contact with the almonds. It is hard to sort out the reactions, sometimes. I was really bummed last year, when the local farmer's market type store, which sold bulk almonds by the pound prepacked in large, economic bags, changed their packaging to the dreaded "packed in a facility with..." and sure enough, I started reacting. I found another supermarket chain here that sells packages with just other nuts being on the "packed on shared lines with...." that I am okay with. One of the most exasperating things about the local Whole Foods down in the city is that all of their nuts in any sort of package have the dreadful "shared line with warning...." I really do not understand why they can't at least give us plain, un-crosscontaminated almonds which haven't been run thru a wheat line, as so many people use them in place of wheat if they are not good with the high glycemic index gluten free flours, or if they are eating SCD or paleo or whatever. I live in an area where there are a LOT of almond orchards just a few miles away, and find this need to run the nuts thru wheat detritus on their way into the plastic bag, when the wheat is grown no where near here, so it must be just seasonings, ridiculous.

#3 julissa

julissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

I completely agree and am baffled by this as well. I had a bag of walnuts from pre gluten-free shopping, and went to open it yesterday to use, it listed wheat in the ingredients. what? that is just crazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: