Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Honeyville Coconut Flour Gluten-Free?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, as I have said several times, I have had to switch to a grain-free diet because I am currently still reacting to uncontaminated plain rice, so...

I have been using coconut flour in baking (almond flour is out because almonds make me lethargic, and I can't fall asleep at the blackboard), first the Let's Do Organic, and then the Bob's Red Mill one. However, I wanted to buy a bulkier package, since that is all I can use, and I saw Honeyville's online here: http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/organic-coconut-flour-5lb.aspx#.URPfOuhpe2w

Does anyone know if this is gluten-free or not? I am a bit confused because it is not listed under the gluten-free flours, but the page says it is OK for gluten-free baking.

Ads by Google:

Well, I think it is gluten-free. I'm gluten sensitive and I have used honeyville's coconut and almond flours with no troubles. I'm also grain/starch/sugar free (I'm actually following paleo/SCD diet) and have been for a little while, so when it gets slipped in there I can really tell! but... honeyville is what I use, and none of the people in my family who are sensitive have ever had problems with it. I actually prefer honeyville to bob's red mill... it's ground a bit finer :)

NICE!!!! Thank you! That's what I wanted to hear.