2 replies to this topic

#1 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi all, as I have said several times, I have had to switch to a grain-free diet because I am currently still reacting to uncontaminated plain rice, so...

I have been using coconut flour in baking (almond flour is out because almonds make me lethargic, and I can't fall asleep at the blackboard), first the Let's Do Organic, and then the Bob's Red Mill one. However, I wanted to buy a bulkier package, since that is all I can use, and I saw Honeyville's online here: http://store.honeyvi...px#.URPfOuhpe2w

Does anyone know if this is gluten-free or not? I am a bit confused because it is not listed under the gluten-free flours, but the page says it is OK for gluten-free baking.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MyTummyHurts8

MyTummyHurts8

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Well, I think it is gluten-free. I'm gluten sensitive and I have used honeyville's coconut and almond flours with no troubles. I'm also grain/starch/sugar free (I'm actually following paleo/SCD diet) and have been for a little while, so when it gets slipped in there I can really tell! but... honeyville is what I use, and none of the people in my family who are sensitive have ever had problems with it. I actually prefer honeyville to bob's red mill... it's ground a bit finer :)

#3 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

NICE!!!! Thank you! That's what I wanted to hear.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: