Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts  

• Articles  ||  Forum Home  ||  Gluten-Free Mall  ||  Store  ||  Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

• Ads by Google:

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease SymptomsWhat testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease ScreeningInterpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test ResultsCan I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful?The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-FreeIs celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic TestingIs there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and DisordersIs there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)Gluten-Free Alcoholic BeveragesDistilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free?Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free DietFree recipes: Gluten-Free RecipesWhere can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store.For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Enterolab Results Are In, Gene Testing? Candida, Chest, Throat Pain Many Other Issues.

Started by bekkaz,

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well after several months of major sickness, I received my Enterolab results today, stating I am Gluten intolerant. I have been MAJOR sick, please see below. I am wondering if I should do the DNA testing now, especially worried about possiblity for my 3 year old.

Gluten Sensitivity Stool Test

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 53 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units) Talking with Enterolab they felt this could even potentially be higher for me but since I am having so many immune type problems they said the immune stops with the IGA, or they feel someone with all of my symptoms could be up in the 200+ range.

I have had a 25 lb weight loss in the past 2 months

Endoscopy showed inflammation of stomach and erosive gastritis

I had my Gallbladder removed 2.5 weeks ago, it wasn't functioning, upon removal they found it had been chronically inflammed

I have had a constant feeling something is stuck in my throat (they don't have a clue what's causing this) Along with this comes major chest pain in the middle of my chest (again no clue why)

Continunous high white blood count for the past 2+ years, (they don't know why)

My C-Reactive Protein was 3x higher than it should be on my last test

My fecal lactoferrin showed positive for inflammation

I keep getting tonsil stones in my throat and have bad breath

They just found a Yeast/Fungal overgrowth in my intestine for the second time and have me on a 2 week does of antifungals

Dizziness/Passing Out/Vertigo/Ear Ringing

Vitamin D Deficient

Major back pain - feeling like my spine is starting to curve. I am only 34!

Migraine history

Positive IGE Skin Prick testing to Soy, Corn, Chicken

I have been on PPI's for stomach acid

I have also been exposed to Toxic Mold in my house, which I believe is now all remidiatied....however I am wondering if this brought all of these symptoms out.

Posted · Report post

Are you still eating gluten? I know you stopped at one point prior to a blood testing for a couple of weeks but was that your only gluten free trial?

About all I can suggest at this point is to do the diet, if you are not doing it already. Your list of symptoms sounds like a celiac/gluten intolerant shopping list for sure. My personal feeling is it's time to stop shopping around for a diagnosis and see if gluten free works. And a good diet trial is 3-6 months.