2 replies to this topic

#1 Flaykee

Flaykee

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

I am in withdrawal! Has anyone seen Mrs. Brown's Boys? It is hilarious! It's on the BBC.

My husband is from Northern Ireland and I lived there for 8 years. One thing he misses is the British comedies. PBS used to have them on at night but they have cut back big time! Thank goodness for the internet! He introduced me to Mrs Brown's Boys a few months ago and I was hooked. Their season ended last week and I am already missing the show lol

If you get a chance to check it out, there are some clips on youtube. I know that British humour takes some getting used to, but it does tend to be a bit more risque and contains so many double entendres!

The show stars Brendan O'Carroll as Mrs Brown and most of the cast are his family. His daughter on the show is actually his real life wife.... lol sound confusing?

But if you like British comedy, this one's a good'un!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Sounds funny. I'll look for it. I love all the re-runs of the British sit-coms PBS has or had.

found some full length episodes here

http://www.dailymoti...boys-s01e05_fun

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 Flaykee

Flaykee

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Sounds funny. I'll look for it. I love all the re-runs of the British sit-coms PBS has or had.

found some full length episodes here

http://www.dailymoti...boys-s01e05_fun

Excellent! Thank you!

Now I have my weekend set out for me! Just took a peek at the site and looking forward to watching episodes I haven't seen yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: