Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free French Recipes
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches (Gluten-Free)
Monte Cristo Sandwiches (Gluten-Free)
Gluten-Free Monte Cristo Sandwich (photo coutesy of kimberlykv)
Traditionally a French recipe, this gluten-free recipe can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a finger food for any event. The yummy possibilities are endless. Baking time is 30 minutes, but preparation time is very minimal, and the results are so worth it!
- 2 cups gluten-free pancake mix
- ½ cup butter
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 12 slices gluten-free ham - thinly sliced
- 12 slices gluten-free turkey - thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup strawberry fruit spread (or fruit spread of your choice)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar - to sprinkle on top
- Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix the pancake mix and the butter with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, add the milk, and stir with a fork.
- Put half the mixture in the bottom of your baking pan, then sprinkle on 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 of the thinly sliced ham, then 1/2 of the thinly sliced turkey.
- Spread strawberry fruit spread on top spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edge, then layer the last half of the ham, then the last half of the turkey, then sprinkle on 1 cup mozzarella.
- Spread the rest of the baking mix on top, and bake for 30 minutes.
- When nicely browned remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Grilled Salmon with Creamy Mustard Sauce (Gluten-Free)
I'm a person who appreciates a meal that looks and tastes fancy, but which comes together quickly and easily.... [READ MORE]
Eggplant Fries with Spicy Crema (Gluten-Free)
This is one of the best French fry spin-offs I’ve found thanks to the incredible za’atar spice blend.... [READ MORE]
French Style Custard Filled Chocolate Eclairs (Gluten-Free)
June 22nd is deemed National Eclair Day.... [READ MORE]
Francis Lappe's Easy and Elegant Cheese Soufflé (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Mary Thorpe.... [READ MORE]
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity