Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Pork Tenderloin in a Creamy Mushroom Herb Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Pork Tenderloin in a Creamy Mushroom Herb Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 06/05/2014 - Pork tenderloin is one of my favorites, and this recipe offers an easy, tasty meal that will keep your hungriest eaters smiling.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup minced mushrooms
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin medallions
- 1 teaspoon potato starch, or corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- ¼ cup dry white wine or vermouth
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Salt and pepper the pork and add to pan.
Cook until lightly browned. Remove pork, and keep warm.
To the skillet, add butter, shallots, thyme, and garlic. Stir and cook 2 minutes or so, until soft.
Add mushrooms and sauté about 3 minutes.
Stir in wine, cook another couple of minutes, until soft.
Whisk in yogurt and cream cheese, stirring for another 30 seconds or so.
Whisk in potato starch or corn starch, as desired.
Return pork to pan, reduce heat to low, and cover.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity