Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Brazilian & South American Recipes
- Peruvian Salsa de Rocoto (Gluten-Free)
Peruvian Salsa de Rocoto (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 11/17/2015 - The Peruvians make numerous kinds of delightful salsas. One of these, Crema de aji rocoto, is made with the spicy rocoto pepper, but the final version can be toned down with a bit of cream.
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1¼ cups sunflower oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons aji rocoto paste
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with toasted gluten-free bread. Add a splash of cream to tone down the spice level, as needed.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Quinoa Pilaf (Gluten-Free)
I've been trying to eat more quinoa lately, and this recipe is easy to make, and delivers a tasty, nutritious dish that compliments most any entrée.... [READ MORE]
Lemon Lime Jicama Bites (Gluten-Free)
Gluten-Free and Vegan
5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped1/4 cup ground flax seeds1 extra ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped2 Tbsp.... [READ MORE]
Brazilian Fish Stew (Gluten-Free)
For anyone looking to turn a culinary corner into slightly more exotic fare, consider this wonderful Brazilian-style Fish Stew.... [READ MORE]
Crispy Plantain Patties (Gluten-Free)
Plantains are commonly used for cooking in most tropical regions.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams