Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Tasty Gluten-free Treats for Valentine's Day
Celiac.com 02/09/2016 - Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and these gluten-free treats will keep you from getting caught flat footed if your Valentine is gluten-free.
Be sure to see our Gluten-free and Gluten-safe Halloween Candy list, as it addresses many of the major candy manufacturers and provides contact information.
- See's--See's heart-shaped Valentine's gift boxes are sure to make a splash. And, according to See's website, all See's Candies products are gluten-free.
Numerous other chocolatiers feature gluten-free chocolates, including:
- Vosges Chocolate--Offers numerous gluten-free options. Check their website.
- Gnosis Chocolate--According to the website, Gnosis Chocolate handcrafts their chocolates and other cacao based product using ethically sourced raw cacao. Their products are also 100% free of gluten, refined sugar, dairy, soy, peanuts, and GMO.
- The Chocolate Trading Company also offers wheat and gluten-free selections.
If cookies are your thing, try the Tates Bake Shop Gluten Free Cupids Chocolate Treats Gift Basket.
This allergy-friendly assortment features Tate's famously delicious crisp chocolate chip cookies, along with fudge brownies, and cookie bark studded with pretty little hearts. It also includes a little plush bear that's sure to get you some attention.
For more cookie ideas, try the Gluten-free Love Struck Cookie Boxes from Cheryl's.
The gift boxes include fudge brownies, along with chocolate chip, brownie walnut, Snickerdoodle and buttercream frosted sugar cookies all carefully packaged for perfect delivery.
These gluten-free cookies and brownies are produced in a dedicated gluten-free facility and meet the FDA regulations for gluten-free foods.
Meanwhile, AboutHealth has a pretty comprehensive list of UNSAFE Valentine's candy.
If you're looking to make some special gluten-free something, be sure to check out the recipes at Good Housekeeping. They include Dark Chocolate Mousse, Flourless Chocolate Cake, and Easy Berry Granita, among others.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Gluten-free Halloween Candy 2015
It's time for ghouls and goblins to take to the streets and demand candy from the neighbors!
Here is Celiac.... [READ MORE]
Be My Gluten-free Valentine!
Valentine's Day is upon us once again, and, once again, the options are
many.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Mother's Day
Mother's day is right around the corner, and what better way to tell your mom you love her, than to make her a lovely gluten-free brunch.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Easter Candy and Eggs & Passover
For many cultures, Easter represents the most important religious feast of the year.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams