Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Indian and Middle Eastern Recipes
- Tasty Homemade Bean Dip (Gluten-Free)
Tasty Homemade Bean Dip (Gluten-Free)
Great bean dip is the stuff of legend. Photo: CC--Keith McDuffy
Celiac.com 08/30/2016 - A good bean dip can really anchor down the snack table at a gathering. Paired with good chips and good salsa, a good bean dip will leave your guests satisfied for a very modest price. This is a good bean dip. It pairs great with your favorite slasa and gluten-free beer.
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans traditional refried beans ( I use Goya brand)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sri Racha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
Add the onions, garlic and jalapeño pepper and cook about ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Do not brown.
Transfer the cooked onion mixture to a blender or food processor and add the beans, salt, cumin, lime juice, Sri Racha hot sauce, water and about half of the chopped cilantro, reserving the rest for garnish.
Blend until smooth, stopping and stirring as needed. Dip should be not too thick, not too thin.
If too thick, make dip thinner by adding a splash of lime juice or water, and blend to desired consistency.
Serve room temperature with tortilla chips and salsa.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Garlic Naan - Indian Flat Bread (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from “Cams Mom”
in the Gluten-Free Forum.... [READ MORE]
White Bean Hummus with Garlic (Gluten-Free)
1 can white kidney beans
1 tablespoon garlic
3 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon tahini
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup water
½ tablespoon salt
Blend all ingredients together until it is the consistency of pudding.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Naan / Roti - Indian Flat Bread (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Arvinder Malhotra.... [READ MORE]
Chick Pea Chipatis (Gluten-Free)
1 cup chick pea flour
1/3 cup water
2 Tbs.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity