Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Hidden Fiber Holiday Spice Cupcakes (Gluten-Free)
Hidden Fiber Holiday Spice Cupcakes (Gluten-Free)
Tina Turbin is a world-renowned Celiac advocate who researches, writes, and consults about the benefits of the gluten-free, paleo-ish, low carb and keto diets, and is a full time recipe developer and founder of PaleOmazing.com. Tina also founded and manages the popular website, GlutenFreeHelp.info, voted the #2 .info website in the world. Tina believes that celiacs need to be educated to be able to make informed decisions and that Paleo needs to be tailored to the individualâs physiology to obtain desired results. You can reach her at: INFO@PaleOmazing.com.View all articles by Tina Turbin
Celiac.com 11/09/2016 - I don't know about you, but I am totally getting into the holiday spirit! It has been getting a little chilly at night and the night seems to come sooner and sooner. That definitely means it's holiday season!
These Hidden Fiber Holiday Spice Cupcakes won't make you gain the traditional 10 pounds of "Santa weight" though and they have the added benefit of helping to keep you regular. A lot of people associate the holidays with all sorts of sweets and treats. I am all for my sweets and treats but I don't like feeling like crap afterwards. That is why I find it so important to come up with healthier alternatives that handle my cravings and make my whole body happy.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do and I hope they help you veer away from the dessert table at your work holiday parties!
- 1⅔ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, or more to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid Madagascar vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Spreads Cinnamon Roll Coconutter
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons applesauce
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil for greasing pans
- 2 TOPPING OPTIONS:
- My Maple Fluff Frostingor 4 tablespoons Sweet Spreads Vanilla Cupcake Coconutter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoons cacao powder for dusting only
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease mini-muffin pans with coconut oil.
- Combine all three flours, baking soda, baking powder, ground chia seeds, vanilla powder and cloves in a bowl. Mix well, sifting two times.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut oil, almond milk and Sweet Spreads Coconutter or nut butter of choice.
- Whip on medium then on high with a hand mixer.
- Add in applesauce.
- Mix in apple cider vinegar.
- Scoop halfway full into well-greased muffin pans.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Top with my Maple Fluff Frosting or whipped Sweet Spreads Vanilla Cupcake Coconutter.
- Sweet Spreads Vanilla Cupcake Coconutter Whipped Topping DIRECTIONS:
- Place cold whipped cream in a cold bowl and whip until very firm.
- Slowly drizzle the vanilla and Sweet Spreads Vanilla Cupcake Coconutter.
- It will drop a bit.
- Top your cupcakes with the frosting.
- Lightly dust with cacao powder.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee-Cake or Squares (Gluten-Free)
Incredibly easy to make, and very kid-friendly, this pumpkin dessert can be spiced up or on the plain side, depending on your taste preference.... [READ MORE]
Cream Cheese Cup Cakes (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Joe Bacon.... [READ MORE]
Plum Cake (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Nancy Garniez.... [READ MORE]
Rum Dried Fruitcake (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Nina in Phoenix.... [READ MORE]