Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Orange Jar Bars (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Connie Sarros, author of the following cookbooks:
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Dessert Cookbook.
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Reduced Calorie Cookbook.
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids and Working Adults.
This one is from the just-released WFGF Cookbook for Kids and Working Adults:
½ cup sugar
½ cup corn oil
½ cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon grated orange rind
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
1 cup gluten-free flour mixture
2 ½ teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break the eggs into a 1-quart jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake 15 times.
- Add the sugar, oil, orange juice, orange rind and vanilla. Cover the jar and shake 20 more times.
- Sift the flour mixture, baking powder and salt onto wax paper, then add to the jar. Shake 40 more times or until mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square pan that has been sprayed with gluten-free nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bars begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Have an adult help you take the hot pan out of the oven.
- When the bars are cooled, sift confectioners sugar over the top, then cut into bars.
Yield: 16 bars. Serving size: 1 bar
Diabetic Adjustment: Use 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites in place of the 3 whole eggs. Use brown sugar substitute in place of the white sugar. Omit the confectioners sugar.
Calories: 122; Total fat: 7.7g; Saturated fat: 1.1g; Cholesterol: 39.7mg;
Sodium: 85.6mg; Carbohydrates: 11.2g; Fiber: .2g; Sugar: 5.6g; Protein:
Diabetic Adjustment: Calories: 105; Total fat: 7.4g; Saturated fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 26.5mg; Sodium: 91.8g; Carbohydrates: 7.4g; Fiber: .2g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 2.2g.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Easy Frozen Chocolate Banana Pudding (Gluten-Free)
It’s been hot lately, so I’ve been looking and lots and lots of tasty cool, and frozen things to make the summer just a bit more enjoyable.... [READ MORE]
Frozen Mango Lassi Ice Pops (Gluten-Free)
If you love mangoes, and with frozen summertime treats, then these frozen mango lassi pops with hit the spot.... [READ MORE]
Marshmallow Caramel Halloween Puffs (Gluten-Free)
Halloween is over, and this year we offered a fun alternative to the standard store-bought fare--marshmallow caramel puffs.... [READ MORE]
Rosemary Poached Peaches (Gluten-Free)
This is one of my favorite desserts to make; it’s so fun to cook and serve.... [READ MORE]
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity