Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TurquoiseTranquility

Help Interpret Test Results Please

Hi there,

I've just done a Biocard home test on my 4-yar old who's had weight gain problems ever since I weaned him. The test result is anything but clear - instead of showing one or two lines it came up with a DOT and a LINE!!! The dot appears before the control line, i.e. where the "positive" line is meant to be. It's not just a smudge but a nice fat little circle, approx. 1 mm diameter. What the heck can this mean? Is it a positive, or has the test not worked?

Looks like this 243cb340b62f.jpg

I'm going to email the manufacturer, but it being Sunday I doubt I'll get a response any time soon so I though I'd ask you folks.

Many thanks!

I did the celiac Biocard test over a year ago, but the tester looked quite different and I ended up with two lines, although the second line was extremely faint.... I've never seen the dot before. :huh: Let us know what the manufacturer says. I'm guessing it leans towards a celiac disease diagnosis (positive tTG IgA), but that is just a guess.

Good luck!

I did the celiac Biocard test over a year ago, but the tester looked quite different and I ended up with two lines, although the second line was extremely faint.... I've never seen the dot before. :huh: Let us know what the manufacturer says. I'm guessing it leans towards a celiac disease diagnosis (positive tTG IgA), but that is just a guess.

Good luck!

thanks for that, nothing from the manufacturer as yet. It's a waiting game :huh:

We've now been referred to the paediatrician because of his poor weight gain, but GP sort of mentioned that they can be reluctant to test for coeliac at his age. If I knew the diy test was positive it would be so much easier to push for a lab one. We got referred to the paeds twice before, got the same lady both times and she was very dismissive. :angry:  Unfortunately there could be a multitude of reasons for DS's symptoms, coeliac being just one of them, so ideally we want him tested for a whole lot of things, but sadly in this age of austerity there's only so many "favours" one can ask for. So narrowing down our list would help a lot!