Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WinterSong

Product Recall Alert! Bob's Red Mill

A head's up:

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/inspection/2013/35705r-eng.php

Luckily, the batch that I got didn't seem affected - I was so worried that I would have to not only replace all of my flour (I use a single measuring scoop - why think to use separate utensils on "safe" foods?), but I was afraid that I'd have to replace all of my baking pans, mixers, ect. Again.

I'm very relieved, but I hope this hasn't affected many people. 

I live in the US and ordered a few bags through Amazon.com. It was Amazon who alerted me, so obviously they were concerned. I don't know where all of their suppliers are located. It doesn't hurt to check.

i do like gluten dude.  he has a point - bob's used to be like the only game in town.   i will probably continue to buy bob's stuff - never had a problem with it (although the all purpose baking mix is too bean-y for me blech) and the fact that he already has outside testing is good. 

karen, is this the same recall you posted or a different batch?

i do like gluten dude.  he has a point - bob's used to be like the only game in town.   i will probably continue to buy bob's stuff - never had a problem with it (although the all purpose baking mix is too bean-y for me blech) and the fact that he already has outside testing is good. 

karen, is this the same recall you posted or a different batch?

I posted one for peanuts a few days ago that forgot to mention wheat as an ingredient.  :ph34r:

I also posted how to sign up to get the US recalls.  This Bob's is a Canadian recall and wouldn't have shown up.