Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Adams

Fellow Celiacs: Are You Drinking Your Gluten? - U.s. News & World Report (Blog)

Fellow Celiacs: Are You Drinking Your Gluten?

U.S. News & World Report (blog)

As a dietitian who both counsels patients with newly-diagnosed celiac disease and personally follows a strict gluten-free diet as the result of my own autoimmune shortcomings, I spend a lot of time scrutinizing diets for traces of unexpected gluten. My ...

View the full article

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does this article look legit?  The part on beer is totally in line with what I have read in the past, but Mike's hard lemonade?  I never would have guessed.

Join eNewsletter

Does this article look legit?  The part on beer is totally in line with what I have read in the past, but Mike's hard lemonade?  I never would have guessed.

Sounds fine to me.  Mike's has always said it was a malted beverage.  Recently they are saying "gluten removed" and the article explains the problems with that.  What part didn't you understand?

Join eNewsletter

Thanks kareng.  I have never bought Mikes at a store.  I only ordered it at a bar once or twice because they had not gluten-free beers or ciders.  Never got a chance to read the label.  Now I am usually very consciencous of reading labels, but I think that the rules are different for alcoholic beverages (at least in Canada).  So I ordered it "It's just lemonade, right?"   That just shows how dangerous it can be to make assumptions.  Learned my lesson.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter