Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabrielle

Help... Sick, Stressed And Can't Sleep...

Well, I think I've caught my first sickness for the year. Since this is my first time being ill and being gluten-free- I need some help. Last night (well actually a 8 hours ago) I took Tylenol severe cold and flu (the liquid form) and I fell asleep for a little while- I woke up with my heart practically pumping out of my chest. I usually have odd reactions to some medications- and I am thinking that is what happened.

But what's worse- is I can't sleep- I am overly stressed out. I go to lay down and all i think about is everything I have to do- I just can't seem to make myself calm down.

I need some help- I need some relief... I am hoping someone can help me- Natural home remedies are great if anyone can give me some- or even some medicines that will help me w/o causing excitability..

Here's my symptoms:

-Sore Throat

-Swollen glands in throat

-Dark phlegm (but my nasal secretions are clear?)

-Body aches

-Coughing

-Mild headache (probably from the coughing!)

-insomnia!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Gabrielle

Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

On days er, nights that I'm having problems with sleep, I use plain ole antihistimines. Benadryl (or generic) knock me right out. It won't address all of your other issues, but you may get some sleep. And you know what they say about colds - if you medicated yourself, it'll last seven days. If you don't do anything, the cold will last a week.

gluten-free since Oct 1996

Cute Nettie--I have heard that before too and its true :P Anyways, Gabrielle, there is a product called melatonin and its a sleep aid. Most people totally relax with it, it can be found in the vitamin section--just make sure you get one that is gluten free. Also, I dont think you should use the Tylenol cold med again, it sounds like a reaction. I have that reaction to some meds too. I had a reaction to hydrocortisone cream similiar to that too. Deb

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!