Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stacy0w

Questions About My Moms Tests

I've had stomach issues my entire life, but was just diagnosed with celiac at 38. My mom has had health issues for years. Hypothyroid now hashimotos, chronic fatigue, fibro, connective tissue disorder and raynauds and constipation. She's also been deficient in D and B vitamins for years and years with no long term improvement despite megadoses and injections so she quit. So I told her to get tested for celiac. She told them to run a full celiac panel. They agreed. Then called and said all was normal. I had her go get the results and a few things weren't normal. Her cholesterol was high which it has never been before. Her T4 was a 2 (thinking it is messing with her cholesterol), but they didn't change her meds. Then for their celiac panel they ran

total iga which was 514 (norm 91-414)

Ttg iga <2 (norm 0-3)

Deamidiated gliadin igg 2 (norm 0-19)

Didn't they miss something in the celiac panel? Should they have run the deamidiated gliadin igA? I think I've convinced her to try gluten free based on all the autoimmune issues she has, but I wanted to know what others think about the labs done. Thanks in advance.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, they missed a few: tTG IgG, DGP IgA, and maybe the EMA IgA (but that is usually negative if the ttG IgA was).  They could also do the endoscopic biopsy - some people have negative tests but a positive biopsy.

I wish her luck with the gluten-free diet (after all testing is done).

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter