Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichLab

Allergic To Metals

I have just been diagnosed  with allergies to nickel, cobalt, and gold. So now i have the reason that I have been breaking out in a rash all over my body. I just do not know where to turn at this point - I have celiac disease, a corn intolerance, and now i find more allergies. It seems nickel and cobalt are found in everything - food, jewelry, medicine, personal products...... Is there is anyone else out there who also suffers with allergies to these metals and can give me some guidance as i start down this road? Thank you.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you going to be allergic to the trace or tinier amounts that might be in a food?  My SIL is allergic to a few metals but it is more a contact allergy.  She doesn't worry about it in food.

Join eNewsletter

Are you going to be allergic to the trace or tinier amounts that might be in a food?  My SIL is allergic to a few metals but it is more a contact allergy.  She doesn't worry about it in food.

I know for sure contact - the Dr told me to be on a low nickel, cobalt ...diet if i could - i am not sure yet if limiting the contact will be enough as this is all so new to me.

Join eNewsletter

Yuuuup! Nickle is a BIG one for me. Gold has trace amounts of nickle, so that's why you're allergic to it as well. The only thing I can go is the hypoallergenic jewelry, but my body has rejected every piercing I've ever gotten so I gave up and stick with my tattoos. I've had my lip pierced 8 times! I do okay with silver and titanium though. Then again, I have a mast cell disorder, so I pretty much react to all of the things on this forsaken planet, lol.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter