This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hi I Am New Hear Wanted Some Advice.

Guest tracey and emma

Guest tracey and emma

hi everyone nice to meet you.

i have a 2 1/2yrs daughter who has server gastrophical reflux. emma is one in 5 children in the uk that medication did not work for and failed to thrive. she has major surgury 14mths ago to keep her alive. (nissan fundoplication)

she is fed now by gastrostomy tube as she does not eat, and when she does it comes out as diorea.

we moved to germany 7mths ago from the uk, where they started more indepth tests. to day i have been told that she has an abnormal cell count in her stomach/intestines (can not remember which) which leads them to think that she has the beginins of celiac disease.

she is at 2 1/2yrs weighing in at 7.8kgs (no mistack) she still can not go forward facing in a car seat. (officially) she is sleepy uncomfortable pale. and only thrives when fed on neocate. we have been trying the past 4mths to get her to eat for her self but the more she eats the worse things get.

i have no idear what the hospital meant when the said they were recounting cells by hand?

i have only basic knowlege of this condition?

any info would be great feeling shell shoked today as it is a nother thing i feel i am waiting to be confermed, and that i need to get my head around.

thanks

tracey

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizzy Apprentice

hi tracey and emma

i am really sorry that your chils is so sick its hard enough for any adult to deal with it never mind such a young child. i dont know enough to give you any advice only there is a lot of good pepole on here that can , they helped me a lot. anyway just wanted to say heloo and welcome . am too from uk and lived in germany, they do have good german hospitals there, liz

jenvan Collaborator

Tracey--

so sorry to hear what your daughter is going through!! but if she does in fact have celiac...she can be on the road to recovery soon! do you know what blood work the doctors ran?

Read below to quickly get educated on Celiac:

Go here to see symptoms: Open Original Shared Link

Go here to see how one gets tested: Open Original Shared Link

Info on disease: Open Original Shared Link

Guest tracey and emma

hi again and thank you for the links. i have read and stuided them in great detail :mellow: am now feel a bit more in control now i understand, and a lot of things made sence

i do not know about blood tests i know they were going to take bloods in the endoscopy a week and a half ago, but what they tested for i do not know.

being honist i am phobic of needles and hospitals and tend to go into a complete dither at apointments! and if the bring a suring near me end up being a patent my self. (does get embarasing!) so being a terrable mum those sorts of questions i get out and think why did i not ask that!

thank you so much i will keep you posted, don´t know how long it takes to count cells! but will let you all know.

tracey

jenvan Collaborator

tracey-

another resource is "wheat free, worry free" by danna korn. it is a very good book on celiac, the disease, lifestyle etc. and would educate you much... i don't know if you can get that in the UK...

when do you get the endoscopy results back?

I am not sure what other languages you speak...but trying to find you more 'local' resources. I pasted some info below that might also help...

German Coeliac Society: Open Original Shared Link

Then there is a German speaking Austrian list with about 60 participants from Austria, Swiss and Germany. More information could be found at Open Original Shared Link. The list manager can be reached at argezoeliakie@kabelnet.at. This is a German Celiac Web page: Open Original Shared Link with a discussion forum.

Open Original Shared Link

German Support Groups: Open Original Shared Link

UK: Open Original Shared Link

mart Contributor

Hi Tracey. So sorry to hear Emma has been that sick. My 7 year old son has Celiac and is very thin too. How long has she been sick this way? When did you have to start tube feeding her? If you find out that she in fact has celiac disease it's important to look into the ingredients of what's going through that tube. Everything she consumes must be completely free of gluten, and every little thing must be checked. Hopefully the answer to her health issues will be as simple as removing gluten from her diet.

I will keep her (and you) in my prayers. Please let us know how she is feeling today.

Archived