Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

krosmon

Xanthan Gum Sensitivity

Rate this topic

I was recently diagnosed with gluten intolerance and soy intolerance.  I feel,so much better since cutting those foods out.  But every so 

often, something else causes more reactions, and lately, I've identified it as Xanthan gum.  It must be derived from either gluten or soy.  I'm glad to know what it is but disappointed that it makes finding foods I can eat that much more difficult.  Am I the only one?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

On November 25, 2015 at 6:52:02 PM, krosmon said:

I was recently diagnosed with gluten intolerance and soy intolerance.  I feel,so much better since cutting those foods out.  But every so 

often, something else causes more reactions, and lately, I've identified it as Xanthan gum.  It must be derived from either gluten or soy.  I'm glad to know what it is but disappointed that it makes finding foods I can eat that much more difficult.  Am I the only one?

Nope, I still have trouble with Xanthan gum after being gluten-free for three years.  Funny thing is that my gluten-free hubby has no issues with it at all.  So, I use guar gum instead when baking and do not eat commercial gluten-free bread and things that contain this product.   If I recall, it is corn -based.   I know I do not have a corn intolerance.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter