kabons

Coping with gas!?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're all having a better Tuesday than me :P. So after nearly 2 years of knowing that I am most likely Celiac, I have narrowed down my reactions to gluten into three categories.

1. When I realize I accidently ate a significant amount of gluten. Symptoms are pretty immediate and almost identical to the stomach flu- vomiting, terrible stomach pain, body aches, lower back and knee pain, headache and stiffness, diarrhea. This will usually last about 24 hours before I can start trying to eat food again.

2. When I realize I ate a small amount of gluten (i.e. a hidden ingredient in something). The most prominent symptom here is a burning pain in my lower abdomen. 

3. When I know I must have eaten something off but cannot identify it. This is usually a more mild version of 1 and 2. Mostly nausea, tiredness, stomach discomfort, and a ridiculous amount of terrible smelling gas. 

Today is a number 3 day. It has felt like my stomach has been constantly churning all day. I keep on feeling like I'm finally going to poop but then it's just gas. Just like the rest of my symptoms, I have absolutely no idea what to do for this! Are there any products you guys could recommend for settling my stomach and relieving the gas?

Also, if you have any suggestions for #1 and 2 I would so gladly appreciate it! Doctors have been thoroughly unhelpful with symptom relief. "Just don't eat gluten" is their suggestion. If only they knew how it feels to get glutened...

Thanks guys!

Kristen 

Activated charcoal capsules might help.  Try avoiding dairy products and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower) because they cause a lot of gas to be produced during digestion.  Charcoal chemically absorbs some of the gas.  

Hope you feel better soon.