Blackjackmark

No change in TTGA in 4 months

Rate this topic

Got Dx in mid-August from both a small intestine biopsy and blood work sent to Mayo Clinic. Value of the Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody, IgA was >100 in August, and is STILL >100 over three months later.

I've studied all the literature about sources of gluten, and have scoured every food label for any traces of wheat, barley, malt, rye, etc. I cook most of my own food, but when I do eat out, I'm being very particular about only dining out where I know they have a dedicated fryer and/or follow a great cross-contamination protocol.

How long does it typically take to see results? My value hasn't budged in 16 weeks.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:07 PM, RMJ said:

It might have gone down, you can't tell because the first result was >100.  It might have been 200 or 300 and now 101.  I'd give it more time.  Do you feel better?

I feel exactly the same...meaning I feel fine. I have none of the signs of celiac, and the only way it was discovered was in chasing the cause of chronic ear infections due to "silent reflux". So they scoped me to check that out and found the celiac. So I evidently have silent celiac in addition to silent reflux! ???