Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
3 3
Scott Adams

Ready for Whurple, the Purple Gluten-free Wheat Strain?

Rate this topic

wheat_amaranth_celosia--cc--@withcuriosi

Anyone eager to try Whurple, the purple strain of gluten-free wheat reported by the State Collegian, will have to wait quite a while.

It seems that the Collegian's report of the development by a Kansas State agriculture student was, in fact, merely a thinly disguised April Fool's Day joke.

View the full article

Seriously?  Someone had to write an article explaining this joke?   It was obviously an April Fools joke from a campus newspaper.  Not even sure why it got picked up in the first place.  I knew about it because my kid goes to K State...... but it wasn't national news.

Maybe a better article would be to write one about the gluten-free food research they are really doing or have done?  

Edited by kareng

14 minutes ago, kareng said:

Seriously?  Someone had to write an article explaining this joke?   It was obviously an April Fools joke from a campus newspaper.  Not even sure why it got picked up in the first place.  I knew about it because my kid goes to K State...... but it wasn't national news.

Maybe a better article would be to write one about the gluten-free food research they are really doing or have done?  

Got me excited for 3 seconds.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kareng said:

Well Admins obvious jokes are WAY better then his mis informative confusing news articles about pills that make gluten safe.....I SWEAR those post showing up every week on the FB feed for awhile triggered me.......those kind of stories when I first went gluten free put me in so much hell I now have a personal vendetta against those enzyme pill companies claiming that BS.

Jokes like these are also better then negative and news articles that down play, make fun of, or say your better off on gluten because of how unhealthy it is. -_- like really its like any diet if you eat stuff in the right proportions avoid starches/sugars and watch your nutrients it can be very healthy.

I welcome this kind of obvious joke.

29 minutes ago, kareng said:

Didn't you post this originally back on April 1?

21 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

Didn't you post this originally back on April 1?

I think I did.  And it was an April Fools Joke.  Not sure why he feels the need, many weeks later, to make a big deal about it?

2 minutes ago, kareng said:

I think I did.  And it was an April Fools Joke.  Not sure why he feels the need, many weeks later, to make a big deal about it?

I dunno, but maybe he didn't see it or remember it? I thought it was cute back then!

1 minute ago, Victoria1234 said:

I dunno, but maybe he didn't see it or remember it? I thought it was cute back then!

But this isn't about reading the article, it's about the fact that the article was fake/ joke.  As if people believed it was a real article and  he is myth busting.

i think I did post the original on APRIL fools but, it's gotten so difficult to search this site on an iPad, I can't find it.

Here is where I posted it originally - in the gab chat section not the research section.

6 minutes ago, kareng said:

Here is where I posted it originally - in the gab chat section not the research section.

I agree, very odd.