Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
Jctb

Time for results?

Rate this topic

Hello! I got Friday for my endoscopy. I realized I know little about what will happen afterwards. Do they usually tell you anything after the procedure? Or do you need to wait for them to test? Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I just never thought to ask the Dr. I've already called the clinic twice today with questions, I don't want to bother them again.

thanks 

8 hours ago, Jctb said:

Hello! I got Friday for my endoscopy. I realized I know little about what will happen afterwards. Do they usually tell you anything after the procedure? Or do you need to wait for them to test? Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I just never thought to ask the Dr. I've already called the clinic twice today with questions, I don't want to bother them again.

thanks 

They wouldn't be able to tell you much as they send off the biopsies for analysis. Good luck Friday!

28 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

They wouldn't be able to tell you much as they send off the biopsies for analysis. Good luck Friday!

Thanks very much. For some reason I thought I would have some sort of answers! Any clue how long it usually takes to get results?

They might tell you what they saw visually, but visual doesn't always correlate with the biopsy.  I got my biopsy results in a few days but most people here report a longer time.

17 hours ago, RMJ said:

They might tell you what they saw visually, but visual doesn't always correlate with the biopsy.  I got my biopsy results in a few days but most people here report a longer time.

Thank you, this is helpful.