1 1
lvers

Do you take in calories when eating gluten?

Rate this topic

Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew - when you eat gluten when you have Celiac, do you take in the calories from the food? Before I was diagnosed, I was extremely malnourished because my body wasn't absorbing vitamins, but does the body absorb the calories? If so, how is so much weight loss possible?  

You absorb less definitely, but  it really depends on What your eating,  Your metabolism, How long, Gut damage, and what your getting. IF you eat a high carb diet by example and go into it your more likely to hold on to weight a bit longer as your body can still pull sugars for fuel....if your like me and on a keto diet...your body is already using fat for energy, a gluten exposures flushes the system more, less time to get the food it is looking for and it goes straight for your body fat and ...what I learned is I can drop 2-4lbs in a day. BUT the human body is designed to try to store EVERYTHING it can when starving and is more likely to store fat, especially if you are a carb eater. Also inflammation and water retention are sometimes a issue with gluten exposures so it can cause weight gain in some.

Oh if your talking about eating gluten to diet....DONT the damage is not worth it and complications it can cause really are not.
Try a keto or carnivore keto diet then once in ketosis try fasting and your body will go straight for the fat on the shelves and lean you out quick.

its just a small amount