This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gainer, Protein, Dietary supplement

Muhammaf

Muhammaf Apprentice

Hey there, i bought a gainer “Carnivor Mass” it contains no milk no gluten (i’m lactose intolerant as well) but it can sometimes upset my stomack, why does it happen and what should i do? i got “Platinum Hydro Whey Isolate” but it causes my stomach to upset more often than a gainer.

I have ordered GlutenEase does it help to digest smth with gluten?

and I have ordered Lacto from EnzyMedica, does it help to digest milk products?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I would say give up the whey based gainers, look for Beef Protein by Julian Bakery, or Bulk Supplements, and Egg White Protein By Julian Bakery. I also add in cheaper Collagen proteins from various brands that are gluten free. IF you find a good gives you issues the best thing is to remove it from your diet for at least 6 months and see if the intolerance/sensitivity has gone away. I have had some go away over the years (I developed a whey allergy so that I am not even trying). I eat a diet heavy in Eggs, Meats, and healthy fats from various nuts, along with those supplements in a shake or pudding (set with gelatin) after workouts.
IF your celiac you can't eat gluten at all, the enzymes like GliadinX will reduce the severity of the reaction and might even eliminate it if it is a tiny crumb or a bit of flour dust....but you still chance your immune system going on the attack and it can take over 6 weeks for it to completely stop.

Edited by Ennis_TX
Muhammaf Apprentice
3 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

I would say give up the whey based gainers, look for Beef Protein by Julian Bakery, or Bulk Supplements, and Egg White Protein By Julian Bakery. I also add in cheaper Collagen proteins from various brands that are gluten free. IF you find a good gives you issues the best thing is to remove it from your diet for at least 6 months and see if the intolerance/sensitivity has gone away. I have had some go away over the years (I developed a whey allergy so that I am not even trying). I eat a diet heavy in Eggs, Meats, and healthy fats from various nuts, along with those supplements in a shake or pudding (set with gelatin) after workouts.
IF your celiac you can't eat gluten at all, the enzymes like GliadinX will reduce the severity of the reaction and might even eliminate it if it is a tiny crumb or a bit of flour dust....but you still chance your immune system going on the attack and it can take over 6 weeks for it to completely stop.

what kind of bulk supplements could u recommend?

Muhammaf Apprentice

Carnivor Mass is a beef gainer, i knew a bodybuilder he’s gluten/lactose intolerant and his intolerance is very high. that guy recommended me the gainer but it causes my stomach upset sometimes i dunno why 

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 minute ago, Muhammaf said:

what kind of bulk supplements could u recommend?

That is the name of a company, I have been using their Beef Protein Powder for a few months without issues, Frankly it is the cheapest I could find at $28 a kilo on Amazon.

Muhammaf Apprentice
2 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

That is the name of a company, I have been using their Beef Protein Powder for a few months without issues, Frankly it is the cheapest I could find at $28 a kilo on Amazon.

Could I take enzymes with Beef Gainer every time? I’ve been told that enzymes are not good for health if you take them regularly.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Glutenease says it will help break down casein as well as small amounts of gluten, for example cross contamination at a restaurant, but this supplement nor any other are designed to allow you to purposefully consume gluten if you have celiac disease. It doesn’t contain AN-PEP, which has been shown in studies to break down small amounts of gluten in the stomach, which is what I look for in a gluten enzyme that is designed to mitigate cross contamination.

@Ennis_TX is giving you good advice, best to change the bulk powder to a brand that is gluten and casein-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Just looked at the product you mentioned, while it does appear to be gluten and dairy free, I assume your getting gastric distress from it still? The large amount of carbs in it could be causing issues. I myself had to give them up a while back due to glucose issues and found my gut was much happier with a lower carb  diet. But everyone is different in this respect. Personally I use a very high protein diet (250-300g) and keep my daily total carbs under 40g most of which is just fiber from the nuts and seeds I eat. I get my energy from healthy fats (100-200g varies from bulk to cut).
You might try making your own bulking shakes, if you can have carbs try real ones and complex, sweet potatoes are perfect, they are also relatively flavor neutral. Bake in batches and measure and use for your carbs in a shake, with nut butters, beef protein/egg protein, and flavorings/sweeteners of choice (I like oooflavors and a blend of stevia/monk fruit) You can also throw in a few tsp of cinnamon or raw cocoa powder. I tend to make protein puddings out of beef protein, egg white powder, steiva, monk fruit extract, flavor drops and set with gelatin. I also mix in other things.

For enzymes, there is only a issue if you take too much it can make you nauseated, honestly look at whats in the blends and take them in ratio for your diet
One USP unit of Lipase activity digests 1 mg uEq. of fatty acid per minute at the pH of 9.0 at 37°C
One USP unit of Amylase activity digests 1 mg of dry USP potato starch (Carbs)
One USP unit of Protease activity digests 1 mg of casein (milk protein or other proteins)
I take both pig pancreas enzymes and supplemental ones as my pancreas does not work fully. If I fail to take the right amounts I can get various issue but most notable are oily stool, Diarrhea, gas and bloating. I liked Realzymes as they made to for different diets.

Muhammaf Apprentice
5 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Just looked at the product you mentioned, while it does appear to be gluten and dairy free, I assume your getting gastric distress from it still? The large amount of carbs in it could be causing issues. I myself had to give them up a while back due to glucose issues and found my gut was much happier with a lower carb  diet. But everyone is different in this respect. Personally I use a very high protein diet (250-300g) and keep my daily total carbs under 40g most of which is just fiber from the nuts and seeds I eat. I get my energy from healthy fats (100-200g varies from bulk to cut).
You might try making your own bulking shakes, if you can have carbs try real ones and complex, sweet potatoes are perfect, they are also relatively flavor neutral. Bake in batches and measure and use for your carbs in a shake, with nut butters, beef protein/egg protein, and flavorings/sweeteners of choice (I like oooflavors and a blend of stevia/monk fruit) You can also throw in a few tsp of cinnamon or raw cocoa powder. I tend to make protein puddings out of beef protein, egg white powder, steiva, monk fruit extract, flavor drops and set with gelatin. I also mix in other things.

For enzymes, there is only a issue if you take too much it can make you nauseated, honestly look at whats in the blends and take them in ratio for your diet
One USP unit of Lipase activity digests 1 mg uEq. of fatty acid per minute at the pH of 9.0 at 37°C
One USP unit of Amylase activity digests 1 mg of dry USP potato starch (Carbs)
One USP unit of Protease activity digests 1 mg of casein (milk protein or other proteins)
I take both pig pancreas enzymes and supplemental ones as my pancreas does not work fully. If I fail to take the right amounts I can get various issue but most notable are oily stool, Diarrhea, gas and bloating. I liked Realzymes as they made to for different diets.

Cool thanks for ur supporting

it is a bit hard to find egg powder here but i’ll try that shake 

do u recommend reducing my scoops of gainer?

Muhammaf Apprentice
5 hours ago, Hal Shenson said:

Bananas & milk are good for your health. If you indulge in buying pricy supplements and steroids then you will end up buying even more products to fortify the side effects of the products you bought before.

i dread eating steroids. the thing is that i’m lactose intolerant as well, i’m curious can i eat ice cream with enzymes Lacto? i haven’t tried it yet, u know i can get away with eating gluten sometimes but it is impossible if i drink milk))

Muhammaf Apprentice

by the way does anyone know it’ll be good if i stop eating sugar/chocolate cause i eat them so much and got a bit of fat on my stomach no abs despite the fact i’m skinny 

Ennis-TX Grand Master
3 hours ago, Muhammaf said:

by the way does anyone know it’ll be good if i stop eating sugar/chocolate cause i eat them so much and got a bit of fat on my stomach no abs despite the fact i’m skinny 

If you want to try it, I have had a lot of luck with keto based diets just upped my protein when bulking to gain more mass then cut it back to cut. Mix with daily cardio, 5-10miles a day, 30-60mins weight training daily (different groups on rotation), and when cutting times come I do intermittent fasting once in ketosis and my body slims down to single digit fat % in a bit over a week.

Muhammaf Apprentice
1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

If you want to try it, I have had a lot of luck with keto based diets just upped my protein when bulking to gain more mass then cut it back to cut. Mix with daily cardio, 5-10miles a day, 30-60mins weight training daily (different groups on rotation), and when cutting times come I do intermittent fasting once in ketosis and my body slims down to single digit fat % in a bit over a week.

thanks🙇🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

i’m lactoseintolerant as well, i’m curious can i eat ice cream with enzymes Lacto? i haven’t tried it yet, u know i can get away with eating gluten sometimes but it is impossible if i drink milk:)