This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Well folks, I had my evaluation for the prolotherapy (trigger point injections) and also had my first treatment. I think I got somewhere between 8-15 injections. Didn't feel most of them until she started moving the needle around in a few places. I DID feel like I was getting the flu though...sore achy muscles. I put heat (which they recommend) on my neck and today it feels pretty good, but my shoulder and arm are still very sore. I'll put heat on them later. They say no ice because they WANT the area to be inflammed and the ice slows down that process. I've taken some Tylenol (to sleep last night) and some this morning to take the achiness down a notch.

BioSET is later today...3:30, so won't have anything to report til much later.

I'm hoping the trigger point injections help you........keep us updated please.

Will be looking for your bioset update later. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Rachel thinks I may have been having a herx when I went on Flagyl some months back. I reacted the same way to it! I hope you feel better!

Carla does, too. ;)

I have a question about the lemon water. How much lemon do you put in? Is it like 1/3 cup of lemon juice to water, or what? Aren't you supposed to drink it hot? I heard Ashley Judd does this to combat bloating. I sure have my share of that. Thanks.

I've just been using a half lemon for a large cup of water -- just under a quart. I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do it. It tastes good when you need it and starts to taste sour once you are alkaline enough.

diamondheart Newbie
This morning when my Assistant Manager got there he came up to me and said "Happy Employee Appreciation Week" and handed me a $25 gift certificate for Whole Foods!! :o

How cool is that!!! :):)

That's very cool, especially considering that they are the competition!

Now, my teenage son is sleeping all the time and totally lacks motivation to do anything at all. If this doesn't clear up soon, I will have to look into testing him.

Isn't this normal for a teenager? Both my stepsons are teenagers and they are pretty unmotivated. Also, the one stepson when through a phase where he slept a lot. We thought maybe he caught a mild case of my mono that I had a couple of years ago.

Andrea, Ellen Culter's book that explains how to do home BioSET treatments is titled "The Food Allergy Cure" (2003). I couldn't find it on her website anymore. Just do a search for it on Google, and you can buy it through Amazon .com. It won't let me post the link here.

I think it would be worth a try. I think you have to buy some of the vials to do the testing, but it explains how to do that in the book.

Claire

dlp252 Apprentice

All the days of our BioSET.... :lol:

We did the other half of molds today. I guess the other one we did was something to do with ??neurotransmitters??--I can't remember exactly what she said now.

Today was indoor molds, outdoor molds, food molds and peanut molds. Good news first, I only reacted to TWO of the peanut molds. I got a little overjoyed at that point, but then Susan reminded me that that was on my list of foods NOT to eat so I'm reacting to something in the peanuts...maybe the fats, who know. I've been eating a little here and there anyway though (but only in the last 2 weeks or so). :ph34r:

Bad news...I reacted to at least 3/4, if not more, of the panel of indoor molds. :( I reacted to at least 3/4 of the food molds. :( And more bad news...I reacted to the entire panel (except for 3 vials) of the outdoor molds, and there were a lot of outdoor molds. :angry:

Aspergillus came up all over the place, as did another one which I can't quite remember...polaris, polarus...something like that.

I mentioned that I wasn't exactly surprised since I have such a problem with candida...she said she knew about the candida and was giving me a candida booster in my treatment. :blink:

Now, badder news, lol, usually when I react to stuff, it affects me in combination with something else...my sessions have always been "combo", which is usually a good thing...Susan always says "good" when it comes up combo. This time I was "outright". She frowned. That means the molds are directly affecting me...and the more badder news, lol, it's affecting nearly every organ and thing on/in my body. :angry:

Fibroids came up again. I mentioned my hysterectomy in 2001 was for massive amounts of fibroids and she asked if I lived in an old place that maybe had mold back then. I said "then and now, I live in the same place". :(

Anyway, because the molds affect me outright, I have to be treated for them again next time I go... :(

Oh, bug bite didn't come up this week. :lol: I guess those stupid bugs at least don't have mold. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Isn't this normal for a teenager? Both my stepsons are teenagers and they are pretty unmotivated. Also, the one stepson when through a phase where he slept a lot. We thought maybe he caught a mild case of my mono that I had a couple of years ago.

Yes, but he comes home from school and sleeps till dinner, then he goes to bed early. He's never been good about turning in his school work -- he always forgets. This, too, can be normal, but it can also be a sign of brain fog. He's always had a stiff neck that's bothered him and has constantly been clearing his throat since he's been a toddler. Both those can also be signs of Lyme.

If it were just a little tired, I wouldn't think so much of it. I hope it's just normal teen laziness ... but he's not involved in ANYTHING!

AndreaB Contributor
Now, badder news, lol, usually when I react to stuff, it affects me in combination with something else...my sessions have always been "combo", which is usually a good thing...Susan always says "good" when it comes up combo. This time I was "outright". She frowned. That means the molds are directly affecting me...and the more badder news, lol, it's affecting nearly every organ and thing on/in my body. :angry:

Fibroids came up again. I mentioned my hysterectomy in 2001 was for massive amounts of fibroids and she asked if I lived in an old place that maybe had mold back then. I said "then and now, I live in the same place". :(

Anyway, because the molds affect me outright, I have to be treated for them again next time I go... :(

Oh, bug bite didn't come up this week. :lol: I guess those stupid bugs at least don't have mold. :lol:

Interesting Donna. Does it sound like she's saying the mold had something to do with the fibroids?

Yay for no bug bites this week. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:):):) Happy 25th Birthday Miamia!!!!! :):):)

M,

I hope you have a great birthday.....you definately deserve to be surrounded by all the best things in life on your day. :)

I hope your 25th year brings much improvement in your health and much happiness in your life.

You're a special girl with a big heart....anyone can see this.....even from miles away. ;)

Enjoy your day girl!!!

We love you. :wub::wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

debmidge Rising Star

Hi all

I don't post in this thread because I don't have anything to add or contribute as all of you have issues above and beyond celiac disease; but I do read the posts from time to time to try to keep up with things that are medical.

The "fibroid-mold" connection caught my eye however as I have severe mold allergies and had early onset uterine fibroids (age 23). Is there really a connection?

dlp252 Apprentice

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!!!!!!!!! We DO love you!!!! Hope you have the best birthday!

Interesting Donna. Does it sound like she's saying the mold had something to do with the fibroids?

Yes, I think that's what she was saying. We were only testing molds, and in the organs/things affected fibroids came up as being directly affected by the mold. Weird huh, lol?! :) I forgot one other interesting thing Susan said yesterday....my adrenals came up as being very badly affected by the molds. She remarked 3 times at how bad the adrenals were. :(

Hi all

I don't post in this thread because I don't have anything to add or contribute as all of you have issues above and beyond celiac disease; but I do read the posts from time to time to try to keep up with things that are medical.

The "fibroid-mold" connection caught my eye however as I have severe mold allergies and had early onset uterine fibroids (age 23). Is there really a connection?

I haven't done any research yet, but I know that things in our environment can certain affect our bodies. I was certainly surprised that fibroids came up since I had mine removed (along with my uterus) in 2001! Somewhere around 2002 I went to an ENT/Allergist who confirmed I had bad mold allegies, and that was reconfirmed when I was retested with a new allergist just a year and a half ago. What I did yesterday was BioSET, a different kind of allergy testing.

I'll try to do some research tomorrow (can't do it at home cuz I have a slow dial-up connection, lol) to see if I see any connection.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth

THANKS PATTI :)

I THINK THIS IS WHAT THE GI IS LOOKING AT NOW...

LORD

DID SOME RESEARCH ON THIS GUY SHE KNOWS AND DR. 'O' ON DAILY STRENGTH KNOW.

THINK THEY ARE BOTH THINKING IBS ..............AGAIN.

DID SOME RESEARCH ON THE THIS DRUG AND THE BOOK HE WROTE..

SEEMS COMMENTS ON amazon .com THOUGHT THAT DAIRY + GLUTEN CAN BE THE KEY...

AND 21 MONTHS LATER???????

THIS IS THE DRUG....rifaximin

ANYONE KNOW OF THIS ONE? NOT GOING TO SPEND TIME RESEARCHING ANY MORE..

JUST STAYING TRUE TO MY 'DIET' THAT I KNOW WORKS..SAME AS ALWAYS gluten-free,SF, DAILY/CASEIN ..WHAT THE HECK

LAURA--WERE YOU EATING DAILY BEFORE THE TEST?? GUESS THE BACTERIA IS THERE ANYWAY WHERE OR NOT YOU EAT DAILY.

SHE WAS SO INTERESTED IN MY TELLING HER THAT WHEN I HAD THE CLYNDMYCIAN FOR A MONTH FOR CELLUITIS THAT I HAD NO 'D'...THAT SHE LISTENED TO....

TOLD HER I KNEW THE FEAR OF 'C-DIFF' WAS GREAT WITH THAT DRUG..SHE AGREED.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA

THANKS ALL

JUDY

jerseyangel Proficient

Happy Birthday Miamia! :D

Hope you have a wonderful day :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Happy Birthday, Miamia!!

AndreaB Contributor

Happy Birthday Miamia!!!!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the info on the lemon. That is interesting it will taste bitter when you are alkaline enough. Isn't that neat how our bodies tell us stuff and we never pay attention unless we have health issues like these? I am going to get some lemons on my next trip to the store! You know, I used to suck on lemon wedges when I was a kid. Maybe my system craved them because it knew it needed alkalinized.

Also, the herx may be why I am still feeling so rough. The dairy of course is going to have to go, too. I had a stomach virus back in October, then I did the Flagyl. Dad got me some Prebiotic and Probiotic supplement. I am just nervous to try it because I want to know for sure that it is gluten free. It says no wheat (gluten) but does not say anything about barley, oats or rye. It is by a company in Canada. Do you think it is safe? It is made by Northwest Naturals.

Dear Donna,

I would not be shocked if there was a connection to the fibroids with the mold. Especially considering you are so sensitive to it. Living in an old house, that increases the chances of it growing.

Since you have Candida, that automatically makes you sensitive to mold. This is an intriguing possibility.

Dear debmidge,

I think mold could be related to fibroids and other reproductive woes. I have not had fibroids, but when I was 17, I had ovarian cysts (five in less than a year) and had to go on Depo-Provera. It is the only thing that has helped. I am worried though, because the past two years, I have had constant break through bleeding, which I had not had before. I feel much better after I have my shot. It seems to wear off the last month before it is due. I am very sensitive to mold. I also have Candida. Candida yeast has been known to cause infertility and reproductive problems like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I believe mold contributes to fibroids in Candida patients the most.

Dear Miamia,

Happy 25th!!! And many more! Perhaps this will be the year of health and happiness you have been working toward! Eat a huge peice of gluten free cake for us! With lots of icing please!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

To my sweet Mia,

I hope that you had a wonderfully blessed birthday, sweetie. We all love you and are rooting for you!

xoxo,

Laura

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Deb,

I have one fibroid. Me and Donna both go through the same type of testing...for me it was gluten and candida which had some affect on fibroids.

Candida and its toxins can definately cause all sorts of problems but I think *any *allergies (food or environmental) can cause or worsen problems.

I dont think there is a *direct* link between mold and fibroids......everyone is differrent and what may cause fibroids for one person may cause something different in another person.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also, the herx may be why I am still feeling so rough. The dairy of course is going to have to go, too. I had a stomach virus back in October, then I did the Flagyl. Dad got me some Prebiotic and Probiotic supplement. I am just nervous to try it because I want to know for sure that it is gluten free. It says no wheat (gluten) but does not say anything about barley, oats or rye. It is by a company in Canada. Do you think it is safe? It is made by Northwest Naturals.

If the Flagyl caused a herx, you wouldn't still be feeling it months after being off the medicine.

About the probiotics, what are the ingredients? A lot of probiotics have dairy.

miamia Rookie

Thank you everyone so much for the sweet messages. They really mean so much to me!!!

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

for all I know this may have already been discussed previously in this thread, but I found out some interesting information on lyme disease, or more specifically, the treatment of chronic or persistent lyme disease... a few nights ago, I met a girl who was diagnosed with lyme disease years ago after being symptomatic for a year or 2 prior to diagnosis... she still hasn't really recovered from it (she also had co-infections of babesia and ehrliciosis) despite having antibiotic treatments and whatnot... she now has fibro, some type of arthritis, etc... she hasn't looked into an underlying heavy metals toxicity so it's possible this could be an impediment for her..

anyway, I told her I was looking into lyme disease myself and she started telling me how there's pressure on doctors treating lyme disease (I believe moreso for chronic/persistent lyme disease) and some of them have stopped treating lyme disease in fear of losing their licenses including one she knows in our area... sure enough, I checked out some information on the net later and found out this isn't unique to NJ... I saw a post on lymenet in which the president of the LDA was urging people not to post the names or cities of lyme doctors on the internet and to privately refer people... I also found out another doctor who my mom knew when she was working with children years ago is no longer treating lyme disease either and my mom's friend who told her this alluded to a similar situation as to the reason why...

all this completely caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting to have to be somewhat covert or have doctors dealing with these hassles in trying to get treated for lyme disease if indeed I test positive... don't know if this is common across the country but certainly seems to be the case from what I'm finding out around here..

NoGluGirl Contributor
If the Flagyl caused a herx, you wouldn't still be feeling it months after being off the medicine.

About the probiotics, what are the ingredients? A lot of probiotics have dairy.

Dear Carla,

I felt really nauseated on the Flagyl all the time. I have felt better after stopping it. I did that back in early November. It took me a week after to start to feel a little better after the medication.

As far as the Accu-Flora goes, I think I am just going to call the company with the number on the Web site tomorrow to be safe. I cannot remember everything. I want to be careful with the dairy, too. I cannot have it anymore. In fact, the dairy may be the entire trouble. I was much better the first two months or so of the diet. I was not eating it at all then.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast
all this completely caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting to have to be somewhat covert or have doctors dealing with these hassles in trying to get treated for lyme disease if indeed I test positive... don't know if this is common across the country but certainly seems to be the case from what I'm finding out around here..

I wish I could tell you this wasn't true, but it is. I fly to NY for treatment because there is not a Lyme doc near me. The LLMD's (Lyme Literate Medical Doctors) are very dedicated to treating the disease and go above and beyond to be able to continue treating it. They have to fight to keep their licenses.

This certainly makes it a harder disease to have. It's already more serious than people think, but they also think you're crazy for getting treated longer than the 21 days that's supposedly enough.

AndreaB Contributor

Ok....totally off topic. :)

I think I found out what M is intolerant too.

He calls it I'm tired.

I call it "I don't like it" intolerance. :lol:

Now let me tell you.....this is very serious......it's seemed to affect most of his diet. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Yup this is true.....the politics of Lyme Disease has been discussed lots on this thread. Its the most political and controversial disease today. LLMD's are under fire and need our support. I signed a petition awhile back when they started restricting the Dr.'s use of antibiotics for Lyme patients.

The main problem is that chronic Lyme requires antibiotic treatment WAY beyond 21-30 days of treatment. This is standard treatment for someone who has just been infected and treated immediately...but NOT for someone who has chronic Lyme. Chronic Lyme sometimes requires months to years of antibiotic treatment.

The bottom line is that insurance companies dont wanna pay for this treatment. My Dr. said they bury their heads in the sand when it comes to Lyme Disease....half of the medical profession denies its existance and the *smarter* half are diagnosing and treating people with Lyme. The Dr.'s who *are* acknowledging this disease and treating it....are under attack from those who say it doesnt exist.

It only doesnt exist because like my Dr. said....if every Lyme patient were to be given the treatment they need to recover...the insurance companies would go under....the numbers of people infected and the amounts of antibiotics needed would be astronomical.

Its much easier for them to diagnose the symptoms of Lyme...such as Fibromyalgia, Rhuematoid Arthritis, MS, depression, etc. The person does not have a chance of recovering with these diagnoses but as it stands right now....Lyme is considered "cured" after just 3 weeks of antibiotics.

If you continue to suffer and develop problems....oh well...its not Lyme...its Fibro or whatever else they wanna cause it.

This is why you wont get diagnosed from a mainstream Dr.....unless you've just been infected and walk in there with a bulls-eye rash.

I spoke with someone from IgeniX when I visited and it sounds like here in CA we are better off than some of the Dr.'s in other areas.

As for the girl that you met. I'm guessing her Dr. isnt treating the "whole" picture of chronic Lyme disease if they have never looked into heavy metals and other issues?? Everything needs to be addressed. Also....the co-infections should be treated first....before Lyme....if you go after Lyme and dont address the co-infections...you wont get better.

Theres alot to this....its not some easy fix....this is why very good Dr.'s are needed and there *are* good ones....hopefully they will remain in practice and safe from all of this political BS.

diamondheart Newbie

Happy Birthday Mia! :wub: :wub: :wub:

You're now a quarter of a century old B) ! Now that's an accomplishment! May all your wishes come true, and here's wishing you a better year of health!

Claire

diamondheart Newbie
I dont think there is a *direct* link between mold and fibroids......everyone is differrent and what may cause fibroids for one person may cause something different in another person.

Ditto. Nobody knows what causes fibroids. We just know that increased estrogen and/or progesterone causes fibroids to grow.

I think that leaky gut syndrome is a culprit in fibroids. You can reabsorb female hormones that you would normally be excreting. I think too that the extra toxins circulating in the body from the leaky gut must also somehow play a role in fibroid development.

Fibroids are very common, and it's amazing that no one has figured out yet what causes them. I wonder if men got fibroids, if the situation would be different <_< . I don't mean to offend the guys out there. It's just my personal cynicism of the priorities of our health "care" in the US. Seems like many doctors (male AND female - I'm not discriminating here. I had a female doc recommend hysterectomy to me) are blaise about taking out a woman's uterus, but if it was a man's penis, you know it would be a different story.

Claire

Archived