This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

miamia Rookie
I take one packet per day, too. I haven't noticed changes, but I did not have a candida problem, I'm trying to avoid one! I take the Metagenix, but I take Therelac (funny how close those names are! :blink: ).

The VSL has many more bacteria than the others, so if you feel bad at first, you may want to use a half packet at a time. Seems I read to do that somewhere. I mix it with kifir.

i thougtht about starting with 1/2 a pack but i have been doing a full one for 2 days I have not been feeling great and am wondering if its too much i am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
i thougtht about starting with 1/2 a pack but i have been doing a full one for 2 days I have not been feeling great and am wondering if its too much i am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow

If it's made you feel bad, it may be too much. I think it was on the VSL#3 website that I read to start with a half packet. I jumped right into a full packet, too, but I don't have a candida problem ... we're just trying to avoid one ... that and one of my antibiotic has had a pretty negative effect on my GI tract. Things were going so well with that until I started the new antibiotic.

dlp252 Apprentice
ROFL!!

Donna....what are you trying to say?? :lol:

I'm thinking horrific might be a little extreme....even for me. :blink:

I'm thinking more along the lines of HEINOUS....my reactions are a true heinosity. :P

Horrific = scary and visible to others (who become horrified witnessing the reaction) :o

Heinous= tortuous and painful and not visible to anyone (witnesses to the reaction think I am perfectly fine....or possibly crazy) :rolleyes:

:lol: Point taken. :lol:

Guess what...

Yesterday I posted about new cars and today my car BROKE on the way to Whole Foods!! :blink:

I think it might be sign. :P

My car overheated...it started smoking....the needle was all the way to HOT. I called AAA....got it towed....will find out more tomorrow. I think the radiator hose broke or something.

My car needs maintenance....I've put over 200,000 miles on it and its only a "99. I've neglected it since I've been sick. :(

I would totally buy the Spyder but I dont wanna have a car payment until I get everything squared away with my health. I keep saving because I dont know how much its gonna cost me to get my health back....I worry something else will come up.

If nothing else comes up at least I'll have saved plenty of money for my Spyder. :)

Ha, my little silver honda is a '99 too! I also have to take mine in to fix the struts (that's correct, I haven't taken care of that yet) this Saturday...I was waiting for my bonus to fix it. :(

AndreaB Contributor
andrea

i know you have all these fake cheese recipes and I alwaysd want to try them but I already feel like all i do is cook. Have you ever tried the roads end chreese products?

Miamia,

We've looked at those before and I forget why we didn't want to get them. Maybe something was in it that we didn't do well with. Can't do the other cheeses right now either as T has developed problems with all nuts.

Hope you can back down on your new med to it doesn't hit you so bad. :(

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna and Rachel,

You guys might want to check and see if your cars had any recalls on them. If so, you may be able to get them fixed by a dealership for free. I had two recalls on my car several years ago.

Even worse, when we took it to the dealership to get it checked out, none of the things it was recalled for was wrong.

However, some other things not in the recall were. :o The first recall was concerning a number of people had attempted to start their cars and couldn't. Then, after they went back in the house, the ignition switch would ignite the engine! Not good! The second recall was the possibility of a pinion being loose on the front wheel that would cause the driver to lose control of their steering while turning left.

Luckily, mine had mostly minor things needing fixed. Still, it never hurts to get things checked out. You just never know. If people made things right the first time this would not be a problem anyway! What is it with quality control these days?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I didnt post much the last couple days cuz apparantly 6 drops of NDF is too much. <_<

I had some kind of "meltdown" yesterday. :ph34r:

I'm not sure exactly what happened. It was on Saturday that I made the big leap from having been on 3 drops for only 2 days and then up to 6 drops.

I felt fine until Tuesday night when I had bad dreams and was waking up kind of panicky and stressed....I had balls of stress in my stomach for no reason. :huh:

When I got up for work I was all sore everywhere...I was really irritable and ended up crying (my first real cry of 2007).....I didnt go to work. I got depressed and I'm not sure why. I thought maybe I was "subconsciously" stressed out about my car breaking down....I figured it had to be that....I didnt do anything different with my diet or anything else.

When I called in to work the guy who answered was trying to be supportive and talk to me about things so I cried on the phone. :rolleyes:

Poor guy....he felt kind of helpless. :(

Anyways....I felt totally run down and slept the entire day yesterday. I'm still tired even though I did go to work today. I'm totally snappy and irritable and SORE.....all this came out of NOWHERE. :blink:

I didnt even talk to anyone at work today which is unusual....I'm only like that when I'm feeling really bad or have depression.

Tonight my mom brought up the NDF....she says I increased my dose from 1/2 drops to 6 drops in too short of a time. She noticed a big change in me the last 2 days and she doesnt like it. :(

She thinks I'm going faster than my body can handle and I'm not listening to the doctors....she says going up to 6 drops like that isnt "baby steps".

My mom said I was doing excellent for a long time now....something had to change in my body to get me like this so I guess maybe shes right about the NDF?? I cant really think of anything else. :unsure:

I havent even asked my mom for a massage in months but the last 2 nights I needed a massage again....I'm really sore. :(

Today I went back to 3 drops but I'm thinking if the NDF caused this I might need to back off even more till this clears my system??

Does it sound like I took too much too fast?? Does it sound like this could be from the NDF?? :huh:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I went to BioSET tonight and the place was pretty busy. I didnt even have a seat in the waiting room. My mom drove me since I was "carless" so she was there for my appt. :)

Dr. D. is in town!! :D

Her and Scott were both there seeing patients. Only 2 more days till its my turn!! I cant wait...I'm sooo excited. :)

Donna...I have been corresponding with Scott and asked him about his plans regarding ART. If you're interested at some point... it sounds like he'll be having sessions 2 Saturdays each month. You would just have to see about getting scheduled in. You could probably just ask Anna or contact Scott.

I dont usually see so many people there on a weeknight but Scott had told me they would be starting today.....Dr. D. just got in town yesterday. I think I'll be one of the last patients she sees....my appt. isnt until 4:30 Sunday.

There was a girl ahead of me who came out while I was still in the waiting room. I was at the front desk talking to the receptionist when I saw the girl standing next to me. She was a cute girl...real young. I smiled and she didnt smile back....then I saw that she was walking real slow and I knew she was sick with Lyme or something. :(

Right after that Denise took me for my treatment. She said that tonight she actually found someone who has WORSE problems with mold than me. :blink:

She said it was the girl who had just come out.

That girl was sick like me....she's sensitive to everything too. :(

Denise said the girl came all the way from Canada to see Dr. D. She didnt have money and somehow someone set her up and flew her out here...just for today....and everyone saw her and treated her free of charge. That almost made me tear up. I'm emotional today anyways but I thought it was really nice that people still go the extra mile like that.

For my treatment she was cross-checking different things. She had the miasm panel, the lyme panel (which I havent seen for awhile) and another infectious disease panel.

The first panel I breezed through...I passed the whole panel...even Candida infection. :D

I was nervous for the Lyme panel and I reacted to the second vial. I said "OH MAN!!" :angry:

I ended up with maybe seven vials from that panel being bad....one of them just said "Lyme Disease"....another was RMSF....a couple were strains of Babesia. :(

I dont remember what else.

I had to ask what this meant....once again "Does this mean I have Lyme?" :unsure:

She said shes cross checking stuff and it just means that something is going on with them....it doesnt mean that I have the disease though. She said I would have to redo Western Blots to know for sure. She said eventually it will come out if its there. It can come out with the antibiotic challenge or it can come out on its own.

As we know Lyme likes to get deep into the tissue and its very smart.

She said I could have the pathogens in my body and still not have the disease. Basically the same stuff Anna told me in the beginning. It could be there but not making me sick...we just dont know.

She said I had great energy when I got there...I tested really well right off the bat.

I ended up with a small glass .....only about 10-12 vials. I DID NOT pass my brain test. :blink:

This only happened once before and it was easily corrected. This time when Denise tried to correct it I was still failing. I finally passed on the third attempt after she added some things to help support me.

She said even though it was only a small amount of vials the amount of info. she had put in there was ALOT. Apparantly I was unable to hold it all.....It was my left side that was slipping and failing the test.

Thats about all I have to report from the BioSET files. :P

Next report will be from the ART files. WOO-HOO!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Tonight my mom brought up the NDF....she says I increased my dose from 1/2 drops to 6 drops in too short of a time. She noticed a big change in me the last 2 days and she doesnt like it. :(

She thinks I'm going faster than my body can handle and I'm not listening to the doctors....she says going up to 6 drops like that isnt "baby steps".

Today I went back to 3 drops but I'm thinking if the NDF caused this I might need to back off even more till this clears my system??

Does it sound like I took too much too fast?? Does it sound like this could be from the NDF?? :huh:

I agree with your mom. Too much, too soon of the NDF. As far as whether 3 drops will be low enough for you to gain your equlibrium again....don't know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but NDF pulls out toxins. If you pull out more than you can handle then you are setting up for being more toxic, hence your mood changes, etc.

I'm glad you posted.....I would have called you tomorrow if you hadn't. :)

Right after that Denise took me for my treatment. She said that tonight she actually found someone who has WORSE problems with mold than me. :blink:

She said it was the girl who had just come out.

That girl was sick like me....she's sensitive to everything too. :(

Denise said the girl came all the way from Canada to see Dr. D. She didnt have money and somehow someone set her up and flew her out here...just for today....and everyone saw her and treated her free of charge. That almost made me tear up. I'm emotional today anyways but I thought it was really nice that people still go the extra mile like that.

That is so great to hear! It's nice to know that people still care. You don't hear too much about that, but I know it's around.

For my treatment she was cross-checking different things. She had the miasm panel, the lyme panel (which I havent seen for awhile) and another infectious disease panel.

The first panel I breezed through...I passed the whole panel...even Candida infection. :D

I was nervous for the Lyme panel and I reacted to the second vial. I said "OH MAN!!" :angry:

I ended up with maybe seven vials from that panel being bad....one of them just said "Lyme Disease"....another was RMSF....a couple were strains of Babesia. :(

Next report will be from the ART files. WOO-HOO!! :D

I'll be curious as to how the lyme plays out after you get mercury slimmed down drastically.

Can't wait until your appointment with Dr D either!

miamia Rookie

Rachel-

it sounds like the increase in NDF Was to much for you- just remember - take it slow !! (this is so much easier said then done). I hate the idea of taking baby steps with something that might be helpful but I know for me it is always the right thing to do and I think you are just as sensitive as I am.

I am so excited for your appointment. I can;t wait to hear about it.

I also have not been posting I have been so out of it I think its form the new probiotic. I saw my doc yesturday for a shot. HE said he thinks I should stay on it becuase it could be really good for me and wants to see if my body could acclimate to it. We both think due to the high level of probiotics I could very well be experiencing die off most likely.

he wants me to take histadine which is this amino acid I have taken once before and did not have an adverse reaction to he thinks it will help me produce certain acids that will help with myy digestion and hopefully help limit some of the excessive bloating I have been having from the probiotic.

I have been so over tired though- unnaturely so. ITs been hard for me to do anything.

Its sounds like we have been in similar positions rachel hopefully both of us will have better weeks next week!!!

Miamia

dlp252 Apprentice

YES!!! You must have missed my post about what they told me about taking more than your body can handle. ;):lol:

Dr. D. is in town!! :D

Her and Scott were both there seeing patients. Only 2 more days till its my turn!! I cant wait...I'm sooo excited. :)

Yay, me too!

Donna...I have been corresponding with Scott and asked him about his plans regarding ART. If you're interested at some point... it sounds like he'll be having sessions 2 Saturdays each month. You would just have to see about getting scheduled in. You could probably just ask Anna or contact Scott.

Hum, I don't have an appointment for tomorrow (getting my car fixed instead), but do have to go pick up a detox supplement they finally got back in stock, so maybe I'll ask the receptionist if she knows anything about the scheduling. Thanks!

my appt. isnt until 4:30 Sunday.

Can't wait to hear about it all.

I always thought that if I had lots of money, I'd like to do stuff like that for people, but somehow people who don't have money seem to be able to make it happen. That's a great story!

She said I had great energy when I got there...I tested really well right off the bat.

I NEVER have energy any more. I think it's gone down every single time I've been tested. One time it was aroud 12 I think. :(

I hate the idea of taking baby steps with something that might be helpful but I know for me it is always the right thing to do and I think you are just as sensitive as I am.

Good advice! :lol:

Its sounds like we have been in similar positions rachel hopefully both of us will have better weeks next week!!!

Yes, hopefully for both of you!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yes. Didn't Bioset tell you you'd only ever be able to take 2 drops?

I was reading on Lymenet about the "half-life" of medicine in our system. How some medicines last for days, so when you take it every day, after several days, it's built up. I'd guess you felt you could build up quickly because you felt good, but once the cumulative effect took over, you started feeling bad. I'd stop it completely for two days, then start back at a lower level. I'd also stay at each level for a week before I added more.

Sorry you're feeling bad. I hope it gets better soon.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Someone posted on Lymenet about a girl in Canada who was doing VERY badly. They asked for donations to send her to the US for treatment. I wonder if it's the same girl. I'd bet it is. I'm so glad to hear she was able to get some treatment.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I also have not been posting I have been so out of it I think its form the new probiotic.

I was worried about you starting out with a whole packet ... can you tolerate lemons or apple cider vinegar? When I'm herxing really badly one of those in water helps some. It doesn't help with the fatigue, but it helps with that acidic, icky feeling.

There are two methods that people use when herxing, one is to suffer through it and be glad there's a die off (I do this :P ), the other is to cut back on meds for a few days so the body can detox. Both are good methods and both have their place. If you're feeling too bad, then you might want to stop taking it for a day to let your body catch up, then start back more slowly.

I'm not feeling good, but I'm also not herxing right now. It's just "normal bad", which is a nice change of pace from "herxing bad"! :rolleyes:

dlp252 Apprentice

Hey girls, I invited Jesscarmel over cuz she just found out she may have candida, so I told her that many of us here have the same issues. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Someone posted on Lymenet about a girl in Canada who was doing VERY badly. They asked for donations to send her to the US for treatment. I wonder if it's the same girl. I'd bet it is. I'm so glad to hear she was able to get some treatment.

Carla....I'm pretty sure that IS her!! :o

My mom told me last night that it wasnt one person who flew her over here....that Denise had said a bunch of people had gotten together on this and payed for it.

I guess I wasnt listening too well. :rolleyes:

Anyways that is WAY cool of the folks on LymeNET. :):):)

Its even more special that a whole group of strangers did this for her.

I was sure she had Lyme when I saw how weak she was and the fact that she came all that way to see Dr. D.

Denise said that the girl had the same problems as me but I'm doing better because I've been getting help whereas this poor girl has had no treatment. :(

I dont think she had the *same* problems as me because....remember....I dont have Lyme...its in the closet. :P

Anyways, I'm gald they did this for that girl....I could tell she was struggling...there were no smiles. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
I dont think she had the *same* problems as me because....remember....I dont have Lyme...its in the closet. :P

:P:lol: You little closet lymie you!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
If you pull out more than you can handle then you are setting up for being more toxic, hence your mood changes, etc.

I'm glad you posted.....I would have called you tomorrow if you hadn't. :)

Andrea...you're right...and boy did I have MOOD changes! :ph34r:

I thought you might worry...I was tired last night but wanted to post.

I am soooooo much better today. I'm back to normal I think. :D

At least I seem to recover pretty quickly.

Miamia

Yeah....Lets put this past week behind us! ;)

Ok...now I'm going to have to start worrying again as you start on the Histadine. :ph34r:

I'm not taking any probiotics or anything....the only supplement I'm on is Magnesium....in its purest form with no other ingredients. I also take homeopathic drops that I do fine with and the Cats Claw.

You might wanna try the Cats Claw....it does seem to help alot of people with Lyme.

If you're very sensitive like me sometimes the supplements can be doing you more harm than good. If you continue to feel bad on something I would just stop taking it....your body is telling you it doesnt like it.

If its "die-off" it should only last a short time....not weeks.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you posted. :)

YES!!! You must have missed my post about what they told me about taking more than your body can handle. ;):lol:

I did see your post! :P

I had originally planned on taking even more drops....I was gonna just keep increasing every couple days. :rolleyes:

Then I read your post and decided not to do that. :)

Yes. Didn't Bioset tell you you'd only ever be able to take 2 drops?

Carla, they said the max I could take would be 3 drops twice a day. Thats what I got up to. The only thing is it was supposed to take me several weeks to get there....not a week and a half. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I was reading on Lymenet about the "half-life" of medicine in our system. How some medicines last for days, so when you take it every day, after several days, it's built up. I'd guess you felt you could build up quickly because you felt good, but once the cumulative effect took over, you started feeling bad.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure thats what happened. It all caught up to me. :(

I had read that when you take it most of the metals that are picked up by the NDF get excreted in your first two urines. I guess I thought that I would be peeing it all out and I could just take how ever much I wanted without reacting. :ph34r:

Yeah...I know....dumb logic. :rolleyes:

I'd stop it completely for two days, then start back at a lower level. I'd also stay at each level for a week before I added more.

This is what I'm doing....I had to stop everything except my thyroid meds because of my ART session on Sunday. You cant take anything for 48 hours before the appt. because it could mess up the ART results.

It worked out because Ill be giving my body a rest and then this time I will start low and proceed slowly. I learned my lesson. ;)

Its good to feel happy again. :)

Its so amazing how this stuff can lead to depression and completely change you overnight. :blink:

You guys know me pretty well...the last 2 days I felt like I didnt care about anything. I wasnt even excited about my appt. on Sunday!! :o

I didnt care about BioSET or learning or researching or anything. I didnt feel like I would ever get better. :(

I am totally aware of the depression when it happens like that becuase I can obviously see a drastic change in me but I cant FIX it....and its VERY frusterating. :angry:

Anyways....I feel like me again and I DO care about my appt. on Sunday!! :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
:P:lol: You little closet lymie you!

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...dont tell noone k??!!! :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hey girls, I invited Jesscarmel over cuz she just found out she may have candida, so I told her that many of us here have the same issues. :)

Cool...anyone is welcome to join in. :D

I notice some people dont stick around too long... :unsure:

Do you think I'm scaring them with my looong scientific posts?? :huh:

dlp252 Apprentice

I wasnt even excited about my appt. on Sunday!! :o

Now THAT would have scared me if you posted that before you felt better!

You got it! Shssh!

Cool...anyone is welcome to join in. :D

I notice some people dont stick around too long... :unsure:

Do you think I'm scaring them with my looong scientific posts?? :huh:

Hum, nah, that can't be it, lol. I'm probably the most confused by it all (except maybe Susan) and I haven't been scared off. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Miamia

Here's to a better week next week for you Miamia. Everyone has already given such good advice and know from experience. Hugs. :wub:

That is so great that everyone pulled together for this girl.

I'm not feeling good, but I'm also not herxing right now. It's just "normal bad", which is a nice change of pace from "herxing bad"! :rolleyes:

Glad you up to normal bad. Hope you continue through the weekend and can enjoy time with your family. Say HI to Morgan from me, next time you talk to her. :)

If she stops in......HI Jesscarmel!!!!

It worked out because Ill be giving my body a rest and then this time I will start low and proceed slowly. I learned my lesson. ;)

Its good to feel happy again. :)

Its so amazing how this stuff can lead to depression and completely change you overnight. :blink:

You guys know me pretty well...the last 2 days I felt like I didnt care about anything. I wasnt even excited about my appt. on Sunday!! :o

I didnt care about BioSET or learning or researching or anything. I didnt feel like I would ever get better. :(

I am totally aware of the depression when it happens like that becuase I can obviously see a drastic change in me but I cant FIX it....and its VERY frusterating. :angry:

Anyways....I feel like me again and I DO care about my appt. on Sunday!! :P

I'm glad you're back. :) I was thinking of calling you yesterday and then figured I'd wait until today if you didn't post.

Mitch is home today! His truck is having problems. Transmission or something is going out so it took him forever to get home as it kept overheating. Glad he's home as yesterday, aside from being very busy, was a day that makes you want to run away. All the children were causing problems, etc.

AndreaB Contributor
Hum, nah, that can't be it, lol. I'm probably the most confused by it all (except maybe Susan) and I haven't been scared off. :lol:

Yeah, we lost our major sense of humor and off topicness didn't we? :(

rinne Apprentice
Ok....totally off topic. :)

I think I found out what M is intolerant too.

He calls it I'm tired.

I call it "I don't like it" intolerance. :lol:

Now let me tell you.....this is very serious......it's seemed to affect most of his diet. :P

:lol:

Ohhh....this is the one I really want. I think the Eclipse looks sort of "bubbly" now but its a heck of alot more appealing as a Spyder.

What do ya think??

Open Original Shared Link

I think I really want this car.

I think it has your name on it.

I've always wondered whether alcoholics all suffer from candida problems and crave the alcohol rather than sugar. I've never met an active alcoholic who eats a lot of sugar, but they have the cravings for the alcohol that someone with candida has for sugar. I'd bet if an alcoholic treated candida, they'd have an easier time quitting.

Interesting, I know someone who is an alcoholic and when they would try to give it up they would eat lots of chocolate bars. I also wonder about the relationship between protein deficiency and sugar cravings.

I had originally planned on taking even more drops....I was gonna just keep increasing every couple days. :rolleyes:

Then I read your post and decided not to do that. :)

Do you think it is possible to rachel restraint? :P:lol:

Rachel, as to mercury being an issue my results from the testing in Calgary came back with my mercury levels being twice the maximum acceptable level. I've been taking the cholrella for two weeks now and feel that it is helpful. I have stopped the Samento and the salt/C and my night sweats are back so I am thinking of going to go back on the salt. Does anyone on understand why nightsweats? Why not day sweats? I know some of this could be menopausal but they went away last summer when I started the salt/C.

Hello to everyone, Laura I hope this is a better week, Miamia a belated Happy Birthday, I'm glad to see new faces.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Anyways that is WAY cool of the folks on LymeNET. :):):)

I was sure she had Lyme when I saw how weak she was

Anyways, I'm gald they did this for that girl....I could tell she was struggling...there were no smiles. :(

It is cool of them. Funny that you compare your problems to hers since you don't have Lyme! :lol: I hope she is able to get ongoing treatment because that is what she'll need to get healthy.

I know the weak look, I have it OFTEN. Today I overdid it a bit, went to the mall with Adam after we ate lunch at Maggiano's. We decided I couldn't even handle going to a movie tonight, and I almost sat on the floor when we went to Blockbuster because I just couldn't hold myself upright any longer. Now I'm back to my place on the sofa.

Adam tells me I don't smile when I don't feel good. He's always telling me to smile. My family can tell whether I'm having a good moment or bad moment (days are never consistent throughout!! :lol: ) by my facial expression.

Archived