Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skipper30

Flat As A Flitter

Ok...I need help from you "Martha Stewart-y" types out there!!

Why, why, why.....does my bread come out of the oven looking beautiful and then as it cools, it looks like some one let all the air out?? What am I doing wrong? I am using Bob's Red Mill gluten-free bread mix.

Any ideas??

TIA

Dallas

Mom to:

Riley 8 -Tourettes, OCD, ADHD

Cooper 6 -Celiac dx'ed Dec. 2005

Jake 4- Resolved Verbal Apraxia, Coordination disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder

Sutton 3- Speech issues and sensory integration disorder

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I'm not sure that I'm very Marta Stewart-y at all, but I have had the same problem as you with bread. My bread is still not perfect, but this is the best answer I have. Sometimes bread collapses when it has too much liquid. I live in a humid area and don't use my central air much so the environment and my flours already have more liquid. I decrease liquid amounts by 1-2 Tbsps for every recipe and that has helped. Also, make sure that you are not using Jumbo instead of large eggs - that could add extra liquid as well.

Good luck!

Catherine

Ok...I need help from you "Martha Stewart-y" types out there!!

Why, why, why.....does my bread come out of the oven looking beautiful and then as it cools, it looks like some one let all the air out?? What am I doing wrong? I am using Bob's Red Mill gluten-free bread mix.

Any ideas??

TIA

Dallas

Catherine

Gluten Free Since 4/1/06 and feeling much nicer!

Too much liquid could cause that, so could baking too quickly. You may try adding a teaspoon of plain unflavored gelatin to your mix and see if that helps. Also, try reducing the liquid if the gelatin doesn't help.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Too much liquid???

I had not thought of that!

Thanks!!!

Dallas

Mom to:

Riley 8 -Tourettes, OCD, ADHD

Cooper 6 -Celiac dx'ed Dec. 2005

Jake 4- Resolved Verbal Apraxia, Coordination disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder

Sutton 3- Speech issues and sensory integration disorder