Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geminigal

Question About Bm's...may Be Tmi

:ph34r:

I am on day 5 of being gluten-free and I have stopped having D and having to go over 5x a day, but now I am going 1x but they are HUGE and still floaty.

I was just a little shocked this morning after seeing the size and was wondering if this was a good thing or not.

I have also noticed that I seem to be able to breath a lot better through my nose....I am not nearly as congested and stuffy and my ears have been hurting and popping.......also wondering if anyone else has had this happen......???

I am really trying to pay attention to how I feel but I also don't want to read to much into anything ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Can't help you with the first part, but as for the stuffy nose, I know people who's most obvious symptom of glutening is congestion.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I found that it takes at least a few months before your bm's become normal. I had D many times a day like you. If I can remember correctly, soon after going gluten-free mine were large and floated, but over many months they went through form changes and by one year I would consider them normal and only once a day. It really is great to be normal.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Don't worry, It's not too much information :) It's a daily topic for me. Haha...but anyways...I had the same problem, and now after being gluten-free for only a few weeks im starting to have a little constipation. I don't know what's *normal* or what's *supposed* to happen either, but maybe it might make you feel better to know that it kind of happened that way to me too?

Don't worry, It's not too much information :) It's a daily topic for me. Haha...but anyways...I had the same problem, and now after being gluten-free for only a few weeks im starting to have a little constipation. I don't know what's *normal* or what's *supposed* to happen either, but maybe it might make you feel better to know that it kind of happened that way to me too?

Thanks so much! It really does help to hear from other people that have gone through the same thing with the same questions and my DH is tired of hearing about my poop this week :lol:

I think I am just happy only going 1x a day no matter what it looks like!!!!!!!

I've been gluten-free for almost 8 months (with many mistakes I'm sure), and I've recently gone from my usual 7-10 bms per day (mostly D) to now just 2 or 3, and like yours, they are HUGE and usually hard (not sure if that's considered constipation if I still am going every day?). Sometimes they are very painful (like having a baby - even clogged up the toilet twice with just the size of the poo, no toilet paper!), but I'll take 2-3 times per day over 10 any day!

Yea that sounds about right you guys...haha...I went from going a tiny bit of D just about every time I sat down on the toilet, to one big one in the morning. Except mine isn't hard (haha im so sorry if this is getting gross)...mine's like a pile kind of. I just can't seemed to have a formed BM. But I'll take ANYTHING because I have a constipation issue. It's so painful on the days that I don't go at all. Dionnek, maybe your hard stools are because there's less fiber in your diet now that you're gluten free?