Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yenni

Ever Have Problems With Gluten Free Grains?

do you rinse the rice and quinoa before cooking them? quinoa absolutely needs to be *well* rinsed, and the rice may have corn(?) used in the enrichment process. it could be that those grains are bothering you, but the fact that you can eat rice (in volume) in some forms but not others leads me to suspect that, in the case of rice, it's something else. (the pan? the serving? the water? the enriching? the brand? the species?)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

do you rinse the rice and quinoa before cooking them? quinoa absolutely needs to be *well* rinsed, and the rice may have corn(?) used in the enrichment process. it could be that those grains are bothering you, but the fact that you can eat rice (in volume) in some forms but not others leads me to suspect that, in the case of rice, it's something else. (the pan? the serving? the water? the enriching? the brand? the species?)

No I have never rinsed the Quinoa. I am gonna do that next time.

Anyways.. I tried a short grained brown rice from Lundbergs and it seems like it worked ok with me. We'll see.

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter