Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

Gluten-free Pantry Question

Superbowl Sunday, we're having Roast Beef Sandwiches...I have a pkg of gluten-free Pantry French Bread/Pizza Crust mix....wanted to make myself rolls...

IF I put corn meal down on the baking pan and "blob" it out in roll sized portions...let it rise and bake it...would it work???

THANKS!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Superbowl Sunday, we're having Roast Beef Sandwiches...I have a pkg of gluten-free Pantry French Bread/Pizza Crust mix....wanted to make myself rolls...

IF I put corn meal down on the baking pan and "blob" it out in roll sized portions...let it rise and bake it...would it work???

THANKS!

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now.

Yes, you can do that--I have. Just watch them carefully for doneness--I think 15-25 minutes, depending on the size. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I'm late to chime in here, you've probably made them already... I make my G F Pantry rolls in muffin tins. They work great and I even serve them to company.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Thanks for the suggestion, Lone Wolf.

I have not made them yet. I'm actually waiting until tomorrow morning b/c I know that they are best when really fresh. Hoping to make mid morning.

I have muffin baking cups. The extra large size. I may just use that. I was trying to figure out how to get them shaped evenly without anything to use like a big ice cream scoop. If it works, I may just ahve to try that.

Thanks again for the suggestions.