Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WorkNsurf

New Guy.

Whats up everybody, names Mike, 23, single, on Long Island, ny. I have been gluten free for about a year and a half. After cutting gluten out of the diet my skin issues and other symptoms have subsided. I cook all my meals and dont stray from the diet. Alot of the posts on here have helped me to deal with all the lifestyle changes that took place. I enjoy years of time in the ocean surfing and the lifestyle goes well with that of being gluten free. currently am working my way up the union construction ladder in ny while waiting for hurricane waves to arrive. Good luck to everyone out there. feel free to message about grilling, surfing, or livin life.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the Board! I have a daughter who lives in Wilmington, NC. They are surfers and always look forward to the big waves. Hurricane season brings us some anxiety. Let's hope all it does it bring good curls, not damage.

Got any grilling secrets, pass them alone. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Welcome to the board! :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

worknsurf

welcome to the board I would love to learn how to surf but I have a little broken foot in the way of doing anything that strenuous. I have another 4 weeks to see if I can come out of it by that time it will be a total of 4 months in the boot. speaking of learning I hope that you have learned quite a bit.

donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Hope your foot gets better soon Donna. yeh ive learned alot. im always so hungry to learn because i havent been able to goto college yet. surfings like anything else, takes a long time to learn but its something that you can do on your own. im heading down to the ocean in a few hours. theres a storm off west africa sending us some small long waves, all the way from south of the equator.

Ya, I went surfing years ago with some friends, here on the oregon coast...Actually it was more like floating around waiting for nothing! :blink: I also learned you really don't want to pee in a wet-suit, that was a pretty good lesson... :unsure: Anyhow, welcome to the board, I hope you find it as useful as I have...Julie

I think that I tried boogie boarding (isn't that were you run with the little board and jump on it until the wave comes along) when we went to the Gulf Coast galveston but I don't think that I did too well I was 14 i think I also tore a ligament in my ankle during the trip so I didnt't do much after that. and yes my foot is trying to get better I have good days with it and some bad yesterday it hurt today its ok, It better make up its mind because Im ready for some sandles.

donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!