Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abigail

"maseca" Flour, Great For Pancakes!

:) hi I just wanted to share something that its new for me.

We bought a package of MASECA Flour in the supermarket and its gluten free. Is made most of corn flour and its says Gluten free on the packagage.

I guess its originall from mexico, and since here there its a lot of mexican population , we can find this flour in any supermarket.

:) Anyway, I just mix 2 eggs with som milk and this flour, and I made some great pancakes that evrybody loved and nobody noticed that were Gluten free!

Hope you can use this tip!

Abi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wow! Thanks! I always have a bag of this to make tortillas. I never thought of pancakes. One thing I do plan to try is wrapping the dough around a hot dog and baking. I'm hoping to turn out a corn dog like product. I wonder where else it would work?

I know what I'm having for breakfast!

Natalie if you can't find it in regular stores see if there is a hispanic store around. We have everywhere now but ten years ago that was the only place I could find it.

I hope you all post your experiments with it!

Natalie if you can't find it in regular stores see if there is a hispanic store around. We have everywhere now but ten years ago that was the only place I could find it.

I hope you all post your experiments with it!

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure Toronto will have an hispanic store somewhere.

they have a webpage on the package www.mimaseca.com whit recipes I've never checked yet but Ill will!

Abi

I like the corndogs IDEA!!

Abi

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...