Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeoffCJ

Peaches- I Have Hundreds!

Why can't someone invent a tree that gives you 10 peaches a week? Instead, our tree has decided to give us 2-300 hundred at the same time.

Ideas for creative gluten-free peach recipes?

If any Sacramento Area Celiacs would like bag of gluten-free Peaches, shoot me a personal message.

Geoff

Frozen peaches whirred up in the food processor are so good! It's llike sorbet without any added much. Peel and freeze the peaches until they are hard. Put them in the processor and walkaway until they are smooth--yum!

Also, our church's food bank loves to get fresh, homegrown produce to give away. Fresh fruit and vegetables are a real luxury to the poor. Just a thought....

Slice them, then put them on a baking sheet and freeze them, and then throw them in freezer safe bags. This keeps them seperated, and then you can enjoy them all winter long!

What about canning, too?

YUMMMM...I'm jealous. There is nothing like a fresh peach. Grandma used to can hers in Mason jars. She also made peach preserves, and pork roast with a peach glaze. Peach daiquiris are great with a little malibu rum. Oh the possibilities!

FYI...just incase you don't know, if you dip your peaches in boiling water for a few seconds, the skin slides right off!

We picked tons of peaches last year and froze them. Look at www.pickyourown.org for directions to freeze and can just about anything. You have to coat the peaches in a little sugar and fruit fresh to keep them from browning -- the website has great directions. For a while during the winter we would take a bag of the frozen peaches, mix up some cornstarch and water and boil it all together. This makes a WONDERFUL peach "syrup" for pancakes and waffles.