Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joni63

Please Help With Blood Test Results

Hi,

Long story short. I've had some female problems that landed me in an emergency room a couple weeks ago. Ovarian cysts or a kidney stone was probably the cause. I had abdominal pain and bloating and very sore stomach to the touch. While the Doctor was trying to figure out the cause they asked about family history of things and the fact that my sister has had celiac for 10 years now came up so they tested my blood. I do have some symptoms like constipation and bloating and stomach pain, but not much else.

They tested my blood and it came back as:

t-transglutaminase tTG IgA came back as 44, normal is 1 - 3 u/ml

antigliadin Abs, IgG came back 4, normal is 0 - 9 u/ml

antigliadin Abs, IgA came back 6, normal is 0 - 4 u/ml

Can someone help me interpret these results and what they mean?

I have an appointment with a GI doctor on wednesday and they are supposed to be setting me up for an endoscopy test. I really don't want to do that test!

Is that test really necessary given the blood test results?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That looks like enough to me to say you are celiac. I refused the endoscope also with blood test positive and enterolab positive. I went off gluten as soon as i did the blood work and didnt want to go back to it for an scope. Some drs that will be enough for them, some will make you do the scope. But the outcome will be the same, you will still have to give up gluten for life. If the drs think that there might be other problems in there besides the celiac, then it might be best to have the scope. Are you still eating gluten now?

paula

I am still eating gluten now. I'm undecided on the endoscopy so I didn't want to risk messing that up if it's really best to do it. I'm sure the GI doctor I'm going to see tomorrow will be setting me up for the endoscopy, they already told me that on the phone. I'd rather go on the gluten free diet, if that's a reasonaable thing to do.

Besides cancer, what other things does the endoscopy test for?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...