Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dandelion

For All Of You Long Islanders - Help Please...

Hi Everyone,

My mom's 70th birthday is coming up in August. This is going to be a really hard one for her because my dad just passed in February. Orginally we were going to have a big 70th birthday/40th anniversary party for them but we cancelled that. I still want to do something special for her because she could use it. My mom said she wants to go to Freeport for dinner on her birthday, so I want to make that happen for her. Anyone had a successful gluten free dinner there? Any suggestions in general about eating at a seafood place?

Thanks.

Beth

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

while i haven't been there, i'd bet that the schooner http://theschooner.com/homepage/ on the nautical mile could do a good gluten-free diner.

legal seafood is only a few miles away in roosevelt field

pf chang is up there near there too

but in freeport, i don't know of any specific gluten free places, nor have i had first hand experiences

good luck

Ooohh - the Schooner. My mom loves that place. I just hope they can accomodate me. I think I'll email them and see what they have to say. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't necessarily know any particular restaurants in Freeport, but I find seafood places are one of the easiest restaurants to successfully have a gluten free meal without to much fuss. I was in Montauk last week and basically at a lot of lobster and baked potatoes :D

It's always really easy to get whatever your fish preference is, and just explain to them that you are allergic to wheat and gluten (restaurants understand the word allergic better), and if they can make yours in a clean pan with clean utensils, just some salt, pepper, garlic, butter, ect. And a baked potato is always safe. I never used to eat a lot of seafood, but since being diagnosed I eat it all the time.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Having a topical reaction to wheat is an allergic reaction, not a Celiac reaction. If you have DH, the skin version of Celiac, you would have to ingest gluten to cause the skin eruption. But Kareng is correct.....these two items are so hig...
    This particular flare was due to mast cell activation syndrome and SIBO. Celiac symptoms vary by individual, so don’t measure your experience with anyone else’s. You are not well and you feel it.    The bone broth I use is Kettle and Fi...
    After reading all this, my symptoms are not even 10% of what you went through and im glad you figured it out. I tried home made bone broth for few weeks but didnt notice much difference. How are these collagen supplement? Do i need to take...