Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lizking531

Couple Foods In Question

Hi! I'm new to this - 1st post yesterday - trying gluten free - on day 3

I'm wondering about a couple different foods if they do/do not have gluten or CC

Tylenol - or more specifically generic (Meijer Brand) acitometophin (sp?)

Wild Oats Corn Tortillas - 100% Corn but aren't labeled gluten-free

Coffee-Mate Blueberry Cobbler Powdered Creamer - my job has it, been drinking it, seems ok, but want to be sure

I've been struggling with a bunch of GI/emotional issues for over a year - 1st was emotional, then more and more it was GI - anxiety, irritability, depression, fatigue, explosive diarrhea, gas, bloating, "foamy" full feeling with weird "non-saliva" foam in mouth, etc, etc

I recently had an endoscopy and colonoscopy with blood and biopsy, previously had blood/stool/urine tests from general doc - all negative for everything - still have a "breathe test" for bacteria to go through.

It seems weird from what I've read, but its only been a couple days, but I woke up this morning with the clearest head I've had in months and my body feels better - could this just be wishful thinking/placebo effect?

Hi! I'm new to this - 1st post yesterday - trying gluten free - on day 3

I'm wondering about a couple different foods if they do/do not have gluten or CC

Tylenol - or more specifically generic (Meijer Brand) acitometophin (sp?)

Wild Oats Corn Tortillas - 100% Corn but aren't labeled gluten-free

Coffee-Mate Blueberry Cobbler Powdered Creamer - my job has it, been drinking it, seems ok, but want to be sure

I've been struggling with a bunch of GI/emotional issues for over a year - 1st was emotional, then more and more it was GI - anxiety, irritability, depression, fatigue, explosive diarrhea, gas, bloating, "foamy" full feeling with weird "non-saliva" foam in mouth, etc, etc

I recently had an endoscopy and colonoscopy with blood and biopsy, previously had blood/stool/urine tests from general doc - all negative for everything - still have a "breathe test" for bacteria to go through.

It seems weird from what I've read, but its only been a couple days, but I woke up this morning with the clearest head I've had in months and my body feels better - could this just be wishful thinking/placebo effect?

Coffee Mate is gluten free. Tylenol is, but I don't know what "Meijer Brand" is. I live in Canada, but I think Wild Oats has a gluten-free list on their website.

If the Nestle CoffeMate is gluten free it should say so somewhere on the package. I use the liquid creamers they make and those say gluten free on the label. If that one doesn't I would call to double check just to be on the safe side.

Brand name tylenol is gluten-free, generics are risky and you need to call the company to be sure, have the bottle in your hand when you do as they will most likely want the UPC. Generic companies can change binders at will so better to be safe than sorry.

With the tortilla call the company, if this is a company that usually labels their gluten-free stuff and this does not carry that label then it is really important to check. I shop at Wegmans, they label all of their gluten-free stuff and if it does not have that label I know it is not safe, even if another package size does have the label. With them this means that the unlabeled size is packaged or produced by a company that can not assure the statis or has a high risk of CC. I see this mostly with nuts and pickles. I love Wegmans for this although I found it confusing at first.

Thanks!!! Thank you for your help. I've been looking into the Wild Oats gluten-free more. It kinda sucks because my gluten-free works there and always brings home some sort of soup or cookie or something that they serve/make in house & that stuff is harder to track down gluten-free or not.

Creamy soups (like a cream of mushroom or clam chowder) will probably have some sort of flour or thickener in them, I'm assuming