Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest shellyh

Hi, I Am New And Looking For Any Help With Mold Allergy

Guest shellyh

Hello,

My name is Shelly and I have been diagnosed along with my 8 year old son, with mold allergies. I was wondering if anyone has had this diagnosis and what foods you have you eliminated and if you found good tests that checked your home for mold overgrowth as well?

I am dying for some good recipes! I am a vegan, but my son eats fish, chicken and turkey. Any help here would be fantastic!!!!!

I was referred to this group by Tom. Thanks Tom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Shelly

I was diagnosed with mold allergies in 2003, and most recently with mold toxicity in April of this year. My allergist told me to avoid the obvious offenders like cheeses, moldy fruits, etc. I have since learned that if you are highly sensitive, even eating leftovers can be a problem...I tend to freeze things right away rather than store them in the refrigerator. I also stay away from things like mushrooms, most fermented things and juices (they tend to use overly ripe fruit for juices and that can be moldy even if the mold isn't visible).

I haven't had my home tested yet...I see my doctor next week and he will not be pleased about this, lol. At the very least he wants me to have my 20+ year old carpet torn out as soon as possible. :( I also had a leak in the walls in my bathroom, so am pretty sure there is mold there.

Well, I was hoping I had more bookmarked, but here is a link that may have some info for you:

http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldresources.html

I did try to reduce airborne molds by using air cleaners in my living room and bedroom...I think they helped a little.

Shelly Shelly Shelly . . . . .

HI!!!!

<hi Donna too>

Hehehe Shelly, while a new thread is also good, I was touting the value of posting in the OMG thread.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...36&st=21240

(That might not be newest page. Hit the >> button and you're there)

Also, it's over in that thread's community where everyone knows me, tho plenty of the rest have seen my name, it's not like our little community in the OMG thread.

I joined them ~8wks ago and already feel I know many of them well.

Donna is one of them(or "us"? :huh: ). Several others there have much experience w/ mold.

So, come on in!!! :)

Yep, come on over! :P