Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was glutened about a week ago and i having been having major dehydration. Is there a relation to celiac and being dehydrated. It seems to be mainly after a glutening. I have been dizzy and dry mouth for the last week. Why does stomach issues cause dizziness?

don't know why but i have dizziness and dehydration issues too since pre-dagnosis and then on and off since going gluten-free. just wanted to say you're not alone on this but wish I knew why and how to fix it, besides being extremely careful with food, like I already am and I'm sure you are too. it's a weird disease. recently (never before) i have to burp like crazy too. so much fun!

I find that drinks designed to rehydrate help because they have a better electrolyte balance. I like Propel ... Gatorade is good, too, but has more sugar.

For dehydration a simple recipe is to use one quart of water, 1 tsp. salt (good quality sea salt with balanced minerals - like "Real Salt"), and 6 tsp. sugar. I sprinkle Real Salt in my water when I'm feeling slightly dehydrated ... it still has all the minerals in tact, unlike table salt.