Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dandelion

Want To Get Pregnant.

Hi everyone,

New to this. I don't have any children yet, but we've decided now is the time to try. The amount of questions I have is overwhelming - too many to even get straight in my own head. But for now:

1. How important is it that your ob/gyn is knowledgable about celiacs?

2. For those of you on Long Island, would you consider Winthrop Hospital a safe (celiac wise) place to have a baby? I know they have a gluten free support group so I am just wondering about my chances of getting glutened while there.

3. Are there any celiac/pregnancy books out there?

Thanks for all of your help.

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone,

New to this. I don't have any children yet, but we've decided now is the time to try. The amount of questions I have is overwhelming - too many to even get straight in my own head. But for now:

1. How important is it that your ob/gyn is knowledgable about celiacs?

2. For those of you on Long Island, would you consider Winthrop Hospital a safe (celiac wise) place to have a baby? I know they have a gluten free support group so I am just wondering about my chances of getting glutened while there.

3. Are there any celiac/pregnancy books out there?

Thanks for all of your help.

I think I might be pregnant (Very Early, shhhh, don't tell anyone....) and I went to FertilityFriend.com to chart my cycles and temp and everything and that was a huge help for us. (They have a free version of their chart, so don't waste money on the "membership") I can't answer your questions because I don't live near Long Island, and I haven't looked for a pregnancy book that had anything in/about Celiac disease yet. I honestly didn't think about it!! Thanks for that idea!!! Good Luck, Tiff

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....