Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missnbagels

What Is Dh Stand For?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Two possible meanings, as used here:

Dermatitis Herpetiformis -an autoimmune skin rash triggered by gluten. Some say it is a distinct disease, but most here consider just a another symptom of celiac disease.

And, as with any web discussion, DH can mean "Dear Husband." DD and DS refer to daughter and son respectively.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

I was looking @ the topics and then i saw the Dermitis H. one. I'm like gr8 now i feel stupid but oh well thank you

One more question is this a rash or a discoloration of the skin. Because i had a dark pigment color change on my neck when i was sick. The doctors kept saying it was addison's disease or acanthosis agricanes. But as soon as i started the gluten-free diet it went away. Does sound like DH?

Dermatitis Herpetiformis is a rash which has eruptions and extreme itching. The skin is inflamed. It is similar to eczema. Discoloration alone is not either condition. Not all celiacs have DH--I didn't, although I did have what was diagnosed as eczema as a child.

Click on either condition name to see a description of it.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

I am wondering what DH stands for and what it is. I feel dumb but oh well i couldn't find it on mayo clinic .com

Please don't feel dumb. I am a lot older than you and I have no idea what most posters are talking about when they just use initials. Often it takes me hours to thinl of the disease/condition they are posting about.

You and I can just muddle along together. :D