Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeonieGwen

China Air

Hi has anyone flown China Air? Wondering what it was like and if gluten-free meals were a problem or not. Also having to spend a night in Taipei-would love any tips for gluten-free eating there

thanks

leonie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've flown China Air but not since gluten-free, I know that Korean Air doesn't offer gluten-free options.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

I don't remember a gluten-free option on China Airlines but I only fly the Tokyo - Taipei route. They may offer something on their flights originating in the States.

Taipei is a great city. There is a Japanese restaurant in the Westin and the Grand Hotel has a sahsimi plate on the menu. I think the Hyatt has a French restaurant but I haven't eaten there so I can't vouch for it's gluten-free friendliness. I highly recommend afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel. The mall at Taipei 101 has options you just have to dig for them.

I would take a set of dining cards in Mandarin because english is not overly prominent there.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years