Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jillb

Medications With Gluten

Does anyone know which meds are likely to have gluten as a binder? Prevacid?

2006 Interstitial Cystitis

2007 Gastritis, errosive esphogitis diagnosis,

negative blood work and biopsy

2007 Gluten Intolerant (Celiac self-diagnosis)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I dont know for sure af any as I am an anti pill person......

When i first tried getting a dr to test me for celiac his reaction was to shovel acid reflux pills into me, they seemed to make this worse for me, however keep in mind I hate pills of any kind and it may have been a subconscious thing rather than a G thing

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Join eNewsletter

Does anyone know which meds are likely to have gluten as a binder? Prevacid?

It does appear that the capsules are. I found this link which may be helpful to you. Edit: this is a medscape list so you have to register but I found the link readily on google but it is too long to cut and paste

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/406948_6

One of the best ways to find out is to put the med and the word gluten into google. Many times the companies gluten statement will be one of the first things you see. This also works with foods and some non food items like hairdye etc.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter