Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

julerson

Converting A Recipe To Be Gluten-free

I'm fairly new to celiac diseas and was wondering if anyone can convert this recipe into a gluten-free recipe? My mom makes these at Thanksgiving and Christmas every year and I absolutely LOVE them, but being diagnosed with celiac means I can't have them anymore unless I can convert this recipe. Any advice or help?

Egg Noodles

2-1/2 cups flour

1 pinch salt

1/2 c. milk

2 eggs, beaten

1 T. butter

1. Mix flour & salt with beaten egg, butter and milk.

2. Mix and knead until smooth (approx. 5 min.).

3. Let set for about 10 min. then roll out like a jelly roll log and cut to desired width, then unroll and let them dry.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I make noodles occasionally and follow my "normal" recipe, just use gluten-free flour. The flour mix I use is 3 C Brown rice flour (you might experiment with white rice flour), 1 C Potato starch, 1 C Tapioca starch and 2 tsp. Xanthan gum. Sift together 3 times and then measure your flour from this. Then, add an additional teaspoonful of xanthan gum to your flour and sift at least twice. This will help the noodles stick together for rolling out. It won't be perfect, but the noodles do taste good. I make an egg-free noodle with this flour and even make it into ravioli.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

I make noodles occasionally and follow my "normal" recipe, just use gluten-free flour. The flour mix I use is 3 C Brown rice flour (you might experiment with white rice flour), 1 C Potato starch, 1 C Tapioca starch and 2 tsp. Xanthan gum. Sift together 3 times and then measure your flour from this. Then, add an additional teaspoonful of xanthan gum to your flour and sift at least twice. This will help the noodles stick together for rolling out. It won't be perfect, but the noodles do taste good. I make an egg-free noodle with this flour and even make it into ravioli.

Thank you so much! I will try this!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter